Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xelement Leather - what's the quality?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Xelement does not compare to Langlitz, Foxcreek, Hillside, Vanson and other top leather jackets. The grade of leather these co's use is top notch, not to mention stitching and craftsmanship. However, Xelement makes good quality jackets, and I would say they provide adequate protection (some maybe more because they come with armor). At about $150, they're great jackets for those who don't want to, or can't, spend $500+ on a leather.

I don't own an Xelement leather but a friend of mine does and I'm going by what I've seen of his jacket. I do own another type of Xelement jacket (an armor mesh for my street fighter) that I paid $90 for, and when i compare it to other similar jackets that cost 2 or 3 times as much, the quality, fit and looks are just as good, if not better.

BEST BARGAIN FOR THE BUCK: For those who don't want to spend $500+ but are willing to go a little higher in price. ($200 to $250) for a leather. I have a suggestion. Look into Milwaukee leather jackets. I own a Foxcreek Commander ($500), and a Milwaukee Crazy Horse ($200) and I can honestly say the Milwaukee is as good in quality, in every way, than the Foxcreek, and the leather is just as heavy. I also like the liner better in the Milwaukee Crazy Horse.

One thing you should know about the Milwaukee Crazy Horse if anyone is considering it. It's a distressed leather and it doesn't have that black shine to it. More of a dull look. But that's what distressed is. It also had the sanded down edges and I felt the contrast in color between the edges and the rest of the jacket were too much. What I did to fix that was dab a little black liquid shoe polish on a non lint rag and lightly rubbed it into the edges to give it a better blend. Looks great! Not all their jackets are distressed so if you want that shiny black, look into their other jackets.

Here's a link along with some photos when I first got the Milwaukee Crazy Horse (before I darkened the edges). I think you can also find them on ebay.

http://www.mmccleather.com/leather-m...r-jackets.html

Last edited by JekyllnHyde; 01-12-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Gunny68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback, seems like a pretty good product for the Money. The jacket I was going to order, the Xelement Naked American Cruiser with the full zip out liner is out of stock in my size. hopefully they will get them back in, or I will go with the one with just the liner vest.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
cb7263
Road Captain

I bought one of their jackets and a pair of boots.
The jacket fits great, is comfotable, HEAVY feeling for a "lightweight" jacket, the only problem I have with it is the snaps got rusty.
The boots, NO complaints.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 AM
JRP267
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy American and Americans work. Buy Chinese and the Chinese work, while we continue to borrow money from them to pay our bills.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an Xelement jacket and it was nice looking, but felt inferior to a couple other jackets I bought. I would look in my closet and never choose it for riding. I ended up giving it to a friend. I have a schottNYC and a foxcreek. They fill my needs.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Xube
Road Warrior

Made in Pakistan, not China. I have jackets and boots from them. Well made, (water)buffalo is heavy and tough, good fit, rapid delivery. Would obviously protect my hide better than the thin Chinese leather on MOCO jackets that I own. Great pricing.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
fatbob123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by V-Twins & Bowties
I can't help but wonder at comments like these.
What's the problem ?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 PM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got me and the OL each a jacket. $200 for BOTH (10% coupons easy to find) and free shipping. Leather is very heavy and I have no doubt would save my hide as well as a $400-500 jacket from HD. I found them true to size. Made in Pakistan. For 1/3 the price I don't care where they are made. Got some nice gloves for $25 as well. Surprising how much that HD logo is on leathers.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 AM
dfndr
Road Master

Very happy with mine. Luckily had a friend with the one I wanted so I could try it on and found that the ex element XXL fit me when I was just a large in other brand leather jacket. Would not be afraid to buy another.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

I recently picked up this jacket- https://www.leatherup.com/site/product?pid=53282 .

I was impressed by the weight of the leather and the features. I really don't understand how they can sell this good of a jacket for such a low price.

With the $400 I saved versus an American company, I was able to hire some illegals to clean my yard and paint my house. I even had enough left over to go down by the pier and get one of the asian girls to give me a massage.

Quick Reply: Xelement Leather - what's the quality?