General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what constitutes a bagger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

People that thought Touring, Dresser, and Geezer Glide sounded negative decided to call them Baggers to make them sound more cool.

I'll leave ya'll to debate if Switchbacks and Heritage Classics are Baggers.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by northernwind01
Wondering what make's a bagger? model ,look's ??

I always think of one of these, but that's just me ;

Last edited by Sleeko; 08-13-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great post...........very entertaining! Can't wait until I find out WTH I actually ride.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
Bagger = bags (other than throw over type). Road Kings and Heritages are baggers.
Dresser = bags + fairing
Full dresser = hard bags + fairings (including lowers) + tourpack
I think that is a good description.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

So what exactly is this?

Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
JEDHRMC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to call em Deckers... I suppose it's a regional or even a Canadian thing.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To me, I consider a bagger to be any bike with dedicated bags that are permanently on the bike....in other words to me only the touring line.
A Heritage or Switchback or any other Softtail, Dyna or Sporty with bags are not baggers to me because you can strip them down.
Bagger = touring chassis

OR, as someone already mentioned a woman that you need to put a bag over her head.
bagger = butterface

Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Is a bagger the same as a dresser? That's what we used to call them years ago. Bagger is a new term to me.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Official def of a BAGGER..

Bagger
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bagger, is an unofficial title given to a courtesy clerk at a supermarket. The primary duties of a bagger revolve around putting groceries into a shopping bag and then into a shopping cart. Upon requests, baggers may take the groceries out to a customer's motor vehicle or supply other forms of service. Some baggers in stores will do this unless the customer refuses and wishes to bring his own groceries out.
Depending on the store, other duties may include cleaning the store, cleaning the bathrooms, collecting carts, sweeping the store, fixing and maintaining the bottle recycling machines, giving customer assistance, putting items customers initially intended to purchase but changed their mind about at the register back on the shelf (usually called "back shop", "returns", "go backs", "orphans", "perishable returns", "reshop" or even "call backs"), and reorganizing products on aisles to make a neater appearance (commonly called "breaking down", "blocking", "facing", or "conditioning"). Some courtesy clerks can perform maintenance in the stores, such as minor plumbing, electrical, landscaping, child care, elderly assistance, and many more jobs. The duties vary vastly depending on the store and union regulations, and some of previous duties, in fact,[citation needed] are actually prohibited from being done at some stores by a courtesy clerk due to union contracts. The title of bagger is the result of an extensive evolution of the position of "courtesy clerk". The title "bag boy" was adopted for some time, until it was finally shortened to "bagger".

Old 01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,105 Likes on 6,693 Posts

Your confusion is understandable. There are at least two magazines using "Bagger" in the title. If you look inside, all you see are impractical, overchromed Big Wheels with unfunctional extended bags, and hideous paint jobs, that actually look more like a two-wheeled circus wagon.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If someone asks you to pack any of their stuff...you're probably riding a bagger.

Quick Reply: what constitutes a bagger?