General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confession.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I have to confess.......................

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

IMHO, you were wrong and the guy called you on it. It sucks he was such an a$$ about it but, once again, you were wrong. Yes, they should have a waiting area with a coat rack and some seats but just because they don't, doesn't give someone the right to place their gear on someone else's ride. I understand you said you folded it nicely and gently placed it on the seat but what if it slid off or someone else bumped the jacket causing it to slide off and it accidentially scratched the bike? Would you take responsibility for the damage? You did place the jacket there where it did not belong. I honestly wish my dealer would be as hard a$$ed in looking out for my bike whenever it's there (as seldom as it is). I agree that the kid may have been a little too worked up over it but it is the dealer's responsibility to look after bikes they are servicing. I would explode on a dealer if they told me my bike was damaged/scratched due to some other customer while I had it in for service. Place yourself in the shoes of that customer and then you would appreciate a hard a$$ dealer looking after your ride while it's there.
Next time just fold the jacket and hang it over your one arm. This way you avoid this from happening again and you don't have to worry about some thief trying to swipe you gear.

My original post, no bashing of Denim, just stating my opinion on the situation. Now, Denim comes back with the "high horses" comment because he did not like what he read. Well tough sheet, get over it, you were wrong, got called out on it, then came here to say what you wish you had the ***** to say to the guy at the dealer. But you used the "I had my mind on just getting my bike and leaving" excuse then proceeded with the name calling (Richard Noggin, ****, *******, etc.). Then you really showed your true colors by calling another person's ride a POS. What the hell give's you the right to say that. Maybe that's all the guy can afford but at least he's riding. Or maybe he's in the process of restoring it. Either way, it's not your's to use as a coat rack. You were wrong. And yes, I always ask the salesman if I can touch/sit on THEIR bikes in the showroom. So don't call me a liar. And yes, I've done stupid crap before and got called out on it but I accepted it as MY FAULT and a learning experience. Stop the whining and accept your mistake. As for the dealer having the bike on the floor, at least they had it inside and not just unattended outside. I don't know the dealer (and still would like the name since they do lay the law down when people touch something that isn't their's) so I can't say how crowed they were or the TRUE situation, but nonetheless, they did not cause this outcome, you did. Few things **** me off more than when some person does not show the common respect towards another person's hard earned property, even if YOU view it as a POS. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Remember that and you may get some respect back one day.
I didn't have a problem with your original post and I did not respond to it at all. The high horse comment wasn't made with you in mind at all. It was your next post that I felt crossed the line. Here it is:

But YOU DID, so it's time to get over the tongue lashing you received. I've been to many dealerships[b] that require one to ask to mount the bike prior to doing so, so yes, I do ask first before hopping on. But that is me and that is how I expect others to treat my bike. You admitted you didn't know it was a customer's bike but why assume it wasn't? Haven't you ever heard the saying about assume (when you assume you make an *** out ofu and me)? That's what you did. No "high horse" about it. Even if the bike was the dealer's doesn't make it right. It is the dealer's and NOT YOUR COAT RACK.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then why the "high horse" comment and then calling me a liar, in refernce to asking prior to touching dealer bikes? I did state multiple times the guy sounded (by your description) a little out of line and could have been more tactful. What you did was wrong and got called out on it. A few of us said that and that's when you made the "high horse" comment.
I'm not trying to bust your chops but don't get upset when someone called you out for being obviously wrong. Like I said before, the kid could have been a little more tactful but we are only getting one side of the story.
I did not start the name calling. I made the statement of "assuming" and if you took it as an insult, I apologize, but that's what you did when you layed your jacket on another person's bike. I still wish more dealers would be as concerned about their customer's rides. Then, as stated previously, many of us would not worry about taking our bikes into them.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:01 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

Then why the "high horse" comment and then calling me a liar, in refernce to asking prior to touching dealer bikes? I did state multiple times the guy sounded (by your description) a little out of line and could have been more tactful. What you did was wrong and got called out on it. A few of us said that and that's when you made the "high horse" comment.
I'm not trying to bust your chops but don't get upset when someone called you out for being obviously wrong. Like I said before, the kid could have been a little more tactful but we are only getting one side of the story.
I did not start the name calling. I made the statement of "assuming" and if you took it as an insult, I apologize, but that's what you did when you layed your jacket on another person's bike. I still wish more dealers would be as concerned about their customer's rides. Then, as stated previously, many of us would not worry about taking our bikes into them.
The high horse comment wasn't to you. I guess you thoughtit was and you lashed out. If you read your post that I copied above from my point of view, I think you too would be pissed.

Look, I wasn't trying to pick a fight.I started the thread saying I was wrong. It's just that your post had language in it like "it reminds me of those jerks" and so on...

I said some things I shouldn't have said after that, but I thought that post was over the top. Now that I see that you thought I was directing the "high horse" comment to you, I would have been pissed too if I were you. I assure you that I did not have you in mind when I said that.

Truce! It's all good.......I'm gonna have some fun and R & R now...Cool?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 PM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: confession.....

Well, sir, so much for that old bromide about confession being good for the soul! Maybe we could beseech the forum Reverend for absolution for all your previous sins!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you can take him ,, Denim!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:19 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I put out the first olive branch.....

Old 02-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

Yes, I'm a dick, an a$$hole, and a heartless bastard (so my wife says), but that's what makes me good at what I do. I enjoyed the banter, no problem.
The "jerk" comment was to describe my position. I was outside one of the local sew shops to get my uniform fixed and this broad opened up the back door to get her rugrat out and let her door slam into my brand new truck. I walked up to her and told her what I just saw and she said she did not do it, even though the silver paint dent/scrape was on my blue truck from her silver Honda. She tried to ignore me so I had to call the cops and take down her plate. I work to damn hard and miss out on too much to let some *** get away with messing with my stuff. I wish everyone took as much care around other's stuff as they do with their own. Then, maybe, I wouldn't have to park in the back of the lot everytime. Yes, I'm that guy that parks 5 miles away from any store so I don't have to worry as much if my truck or bike will be busted up when I come back. I got my wife doing the same now. I tell her it's good to walk a little. And even then, it never fails that once in a while some jerk decides they are going to mess with me by parking right next to me with no room to open my driver side door (no sheet some guy left me about 5 inches between my truck and their car). This drives me nuts. If not for the wife, some guy would be in the hospital or six feet under and I would be dodging "Bubba" in the state pen. Or the bitch that lets her shopping cart roll across the lot instead of walking her fat *** over to park it in the corral. WTF? Yes, I'm nuts but leave my stuff andmy familyalone and you'll never know it.
On that note, a good way to get back (not that I would ever do this) at these type of inconsiderate jerks is to take their tire valve stem cap off and place a small pebble in it, screw the cap on until you hear air leaking out, pull away and find a good spot to sit back and enjoy. Once again, not that I would ever do this but just some food for thought for the rest of you fed up with these type of jerks.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I'm a dick, an a$$hole, and a heartless bastard (so my wife says), but that's what makes me good at what I do. I enjoyed the banter, no problem.

HEY!!!!!!! welcome to the club,,,,wonder where we can get a patch for this???lol

Old 02-06-2007, 10:26 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

The "jerk" comment was to describe my position. I was outside one of the local sew shops to get my uniform fixed and this broad opened up the back door to get her rugrat out and let her door slam into my brand new truck. I walked up to her and told her what I just saw and she said she did not do it, even though the silver paint dent/scrape was on my blue truck from her silver Honda. She tried to ignore me so I had to call the cops and take down her plate. I work to damn hard and miss out on too much to let some *** get away with messing with my stuff. I wish everyone took as much care around other's stuff as they do with their own. Then, maybe, I wouldn't have to park in the back of the lot everytime. Yes, I'm that guy that parks 5 miles away from any store so I don't have to worry as much if my truck or bike will be busted up when I come back. I got my wife doing the same now. I tell her it's good to walk a little. And even then, it never fails that once in a while some jerk decides they are going to mess with me by parking right next to me with no room to open my driver side door (no sheet some guy left me about 5 inches between my truck and their car). This drives me nuts. If not for the wife, some guy would be in the hospital or six feet under and I would be dodging "Bubba" in the state pen. Or the bitch that lets her shopping cart roll across the lot instead of walking her fat *** over to park it in the corral. WTF? Yes, I'm nuts but leave my stuff andmy familyalone and you'll never know it.
On that note, a good way to get back (not that I would ever do this) at these type of inconsiderate jerks is to take their tire valve stem cap off and place a small pebble in it, screw the cap on until you hear air leaking out, pull away and find a good spot to sit back and enjoy. Once again, not that I would ever do this but just some food for thought for the rest of you fed up with these type of jerks.
Feel better now? Need a beer? I'll buy.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

Damn, you must be bored with all the cold & snow up there. I enjoyed the run but I guess we are done. I wonder if there are any liberals lurking in the Political Forum that I can lash out on?Any Hillary fans out there? Democrats? Anyone?[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Quick Reply: confession.....