General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confession.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: I have to confess.......................

So when'ss the vote gonna start.We got's to wait on the spring or the snow to melt ?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow denim?? what did you get started now????
never confess on the internet!!!! lol

Old 02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet
It was a beat POS with a cracked seat.
Respectfully, It may well have been a POS. But you know what? It was SOMEONE ELSE'S POS! Further to the point, you had opened this thread with a statement requesting that ALL answers be given in a candid and upright fashion. If you are ill-prepared for what may come your way as a result, then you should rethink such a request in the future. You asked folks for their honest opinions and then you resort to attacking them as a result of same. Seemingly continuing on with this process until such time that you find someone who sympathizes with your situation and actions therein. I can now see how maybe, just maybe, the service guy saw you as he did. And in turn, acted accordingly.

Hopefully others reading this thread will take from it one simple rule: If it ain't yours, leave it the hell alone! Ask first before touching, sitting, leaning, resting, or treating it as a closet for your own personal convenience.
The response wasn'tmeant directly for you. I simply hit "reply" so it may have showed your name. You certainly were not the worst of the bunch, however you did get some things wrong in the above post. I had no problem with a number of people who AGREED with me that it was a mistake. I had no beef at all with them and agreed with them whole heartedly. The ones you saw me argue with were on the attack themselves and approached it in a belittling and condescending manner. I don't take well to that and am quite capable of striking back. So your accusation that I can't take criticism is 100% wrong and the proof is that I took it fine from those who were constructive. Also, you said that I was looking for someone to sympathize with me. Wrong again for the same reason I already mentioned. Third you said now you can see why the tech saw me as he did. I had no interaction with the tech. As a matter of fact I had actually never laid eyes on him until the incident.I was just hanging out and was in a good mood getting along just fine with everyone. The other people there were shocked at his attitude, incidentally. One of the guys sitting on the bike right next to the one that I had set my jacket on said that he thought it was for sale just like all of the other ones in the line.

I was tired and hot and I let my guard down and forgot my manners. I am normally always respectful of other's rides. In fact when I see kids getting too close to someones ride that I don't even know I tell them to keep their distance. I have never done anything even close to this. But I won't stand buy for a feeding frenzy at my expense.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 PM
paulca
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two mistakes,first you put your jacket on someones bike (dealer's, private person's, whoever's) naughty, naughty, but then youconfess to iton the internet. The latter was the worse mistake[][][]but not the end of the world as we know it.

Certainly someone, somewhere has done worse ...... Attila the Hun, Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton ... ? Nope, on reflection you really havecommited a horrendous atrocityfor which your only hope of redemption is to immediately ship your Streetbob, Jag and any and all other toys to me. PM me for the the address. Bless you my son!!

PS for full redemption you also pay the shipping and customs fees.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

GIVE THIS A REST!!!!!
w G A F?????

Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: paulca

Two mistakes,first you put your jacket on someones bike (dealer's, private person's, whoever's) naughty, naughty, but then youconfess to iton the internet. The latter was the worse mistake[][][]but not the end of the world as we know it.

Certainly someone, somewhere has done worse ...... Attila the Hun, Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton ... ? Nope, on reflection you really havecommited a horrendous atrocityfor which your only hope of redemption is to immediately ship your Streetbob, Jag and any and all other toys to me. PM me for the the address. Bless you my son!!

PS for full redemption you also pay the shipping and customs fees.
OK, so judging by your list, I am in the company of the truly evil. But did you have to go over the top and include Bill Clinton in that list? Now I have been truly insulted!!!

What is your address? I deserve no toys if I am as bad as BC!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you owe the owner of the bike a $500 gift card.

Please pm me for the owners address

Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I think you owe the owner of the bike a $500 gift card.

Please pm me for the owners address
RIGHT!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

IMHO, you were wrong and the guy called you on it. It sucks he was such an a$$ about it but, once again, you were wrong. Yes, they should have a waiting area with a coat rack and some seats but just because they don't, doesn't give someone the right to place their gear on someone else's ride. I understand you said you folded it nicely and gently placed it on the seat but what if it slid off or someone else bumped the jacket causing it to slide off and it accidentially scratched the bike? Would you take responsibility for the damage? You did place the jacket there where it did not belong. I honestly wish my dealer would be as hard a$$ed in looking out for my bike whenever it's there (as seldom as it is). I agree that the kid may have been a little too worked up over it but it is the dealer's responsibility to look after bikes they are servicing. I would explode on a dealer if they told me my bike was damaged/scratched due to some other customer while I had it in for service. Place yourself in the shoes of that customer and then you would appreciate a hard a$$ dealer looking after your ride while it's there.
Next time just fold the jacket and hang it over your one arm. This way you avoid this from happening again and you don't have to worry about some thief trying to swipe you gear.
My original post, no bashing of Denim, just stating my opinion on the situation. Now, Denim comes back with the "high horses" comment because he did not like what he read. Well tough sheet, get over it, you were wrong, got called out on it, then came here to say what you wish you had the ***** to say to the guy at the dealer. But you used the "I had my mind on just getting my bike and leaving" excuse then proceeded with the name calling (Richard Noggin, ****, *******, etc.). Then you really showed your true colors by calling another person's ride a POS. What the hell give's you the right to say that. Maybe that's all the guy can afford but at least he's riding. Or maybe he's in the process of restoring it. Either way, it's not your's to use as a coat rack. You were wrong. And yes, I always ask the salesman if I can touch/sit on THEIR bikes in the showroom. So don't call me a liar. And yes, I've done stupid crap before and got called out on it but I accepted it as MY FAULT and a learning experience. Stop the whining and accept your mistake. As for the dealer having the bike on the floor, at least they had it inside and not just unattended outside. I don't know the dealer (and still would like the name since they do lay the law down when people touch something that isn't their's) so I can't say how crowed they were or the TRUE situation, but nonetheless, they did not cause this outcome, you did. Few things **** me off more than when some person does not show the common respect towards another person's hard earned property, even if YOU view it as a POS. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Remember that and you may get some respect back one day.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

I would have kept the jacket!! thank you very much!!! lol

Quick Reply: confession.....