General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confession.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:13 AM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have to confess.......................

Did that bike have a plate on it ? Maybe itreally wasa used bike for sale and the mechanic was just being an *** .

A mouthy mechanic was strike three for my dealer all service issues .
I got ahold of one of the owners and that was the second time that dayI chewed on him about that mechanic .
Its to bad because there motorclothes and parts dept were pretty decent .
Now I'll go 30 miles out of my way to Janesville ,wi. Kutter Harley .
Very professional staff , they were voted number 1 in customer satisfaction for a few years running also .

Old 02-06-2007, 03:15 AM
ZJAvy
Road Captain

So Denim Street was wrong, he said he knew he was wrong and screwed up but that doesnt make what the service tech did any more right. Two wrongs dont make a right. He told you to pick up your jacket, you deserved that and from what I read of your post you thought you did to (humility is a powerful thing) but the tongue lashing afterwards, screw that jerkoff. Id talk to his boss as I said before. Hes customer service and should be happy your a customer not treating you like you should be happy your allowed to be their customer. I went some similar abuse from my service department and I carried it all the way to the owner and they compensated me greatly. No reason for his behavior after the fact. Live and learn form our mistakes as I think you did.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:14 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

I think some of you did not read all of my original post. As I said in my post, I HAVE NEVER NOR WOULD EVER KNOWINGLY TOUCH SOMEONES ELSE'S BIKE.
But YOU DID, so it's time to get over the tongue lashing you received. I've been to many dealerships that require one to ask to mount the bike prior to doing so, so yes, I do ask first before hopping on. But that is me and that is how I expect others to treat my bike. You admitted you didn't know it was a customer's bike but why assume it wasn't? Haven't you ever heard the saying about assume (when you assume you make an *** out ofu and me)? That's what you did. No "high horse" about it. Even if the bike was the dealer's doesn't make it right. It is the dealer's and NOT YOUR COAT RACK. Are your arms broke? Like I said before, fold the jacket over your arm and keep the gear off of other's property.
This reminds me of jerks who use the bed of someone else's pickup for a trash can or the person who thinks it's alright to sit on the hood of another man's car because they're tired. WTF. Find a trash can to throw your crap away, a bench to park your *** on or get in shape so you can hold yourself up. If it ain't yours don't mess with it unless given permission. Did your parents not teach you anything?
I'm not trying to bust your chops but don't get upset when someone called you out for being obviously wrong. Like I said before, the kid could have been a little more tactful but we are only getting one side of the story. It pisses me off when people don't treat other's stuff the way they expect theirs to be treated. And just because maybe you would not mind someone using your bike as a coat rack, don't assume (remember this saying) others would be as cordial.
[/quote] No I didn't. Reading comprehention may not be your strong point, but if you try really hard you may be able to grasp the meaning of the important section highlighted above. If you cannot, you may want to begin with "Run Jack Run. See Jack Run".

Just one question, do your friends call you "Richard Noggin" by any chance? Or should I not ASSUME that you have any friends?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

I think some of you did not read all of my original post. As I said in my post, I HAVE NEVER NOR WOULD EVER KNOWINGLY TOUCH SOMEONES ELSE'S BIKE.
But YOU DID, so it's time to get over the tongue lashing you received. I've been to many dealerships that require one to ask to mount the bike prior to doing so, so yes, I do ask first before hopping on. But that is me and that is how I expect others to treat my bike. You admitted you didn't know it was a customer's bike but why assume it wasn't? Haven't you ever heard the saying about assume (when you assume you make an *** out ofu and me)? That's what you did. No "high horse" about it. Even if the bike was the dealer's doesn't make it right. It is the dealer's and NOT YOUR COAT RACK. Are your arms broke? Like I said before, fold the jacket over your arm and keep the gear off of other's property.
This reminds me of jerks who use the bed of someone else's pickup for a trash can or the person who thinks it's alright to sit on the hood of another man's car because they're tired. WTF. Find a trash can to throw your crap away, a bench to park your *** on or get in shape so you can hold yourself up. If it ain't yours don't mess with it unless given permission. Did your parents not teach you anything?
I'm not trying to bust your chops but don't get upset when someone called you out for being obviously wrong. Like I said before, the kid could have been a little more tactful but we are only getting one side of the story. It pisses me off when people don't treat other's stuff the way they expect theirs to be treated. And just because maybe you would not mind someone using your bike as a coat rack, don't assume (remember this saying) others would be as cordial.
No I didn't. Reading comprehention may not be your strong point, but if you try really hard you may be able to grasp the meaning of the important section highlighted above. If you cannot, you may want to begin with "Run Jack Run. See Jack Run".

Just one question, do your friends call you "Richard Noggin" by any chance? Or should I not ASSUME that you have any friends?
[/quote]

I guess I'm wrong. You did say you placed YOUR JACKET on a bike THAT DID NOT BELONG TO YOU, correct? If so, you knowingly touched someone else's bike other than yours, correct? Whether it was the dealer's or a customer's, IT WAS NOT YOURS! Plain and simple. Maybe that lightbulb in your avatar will light when you fully comprehend this. It's not hard to understand, you layed your jacket on someone else's ride knowingly. How would you like me to lay my jacket on that Jag of yours if I saw it parked at a dealership? I don't know if it's the dealer's or some guy's car that is getting serviced. Nonetheless, it is not mine and I would not touch it.
As for the "Richard Noggin" and the "friends" comment, come on, is that the best you have. Lighten up, you phucked up and got called on it by a kid at the dealership. If it bothered you so much why didn't you speak up then to the manager instead of coming on here to bitch and gain a little support. Did you forget and leave your ***** at the house that day you went to the dealer?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

No I didn't. Reading comprehention may not be your strong point, but if you try really hard you may be able to grasp the meaning of the important section highlighted above. If you cannot, you may want to begin with "Run Jack Run. See Jack Run".

I guess I'm wrong. You did say you placed YOUR JACKET on a bike THAT DID NOT BELONG TO YOU, correct? If so, you knowingly touched someone else's bike other than yours, correct? Whether it was the dealer's or a customer's, IT WAS NOT YOURS! Plain and simple. Maybe that lightbulb in your avatar will light when you fully comprehend this. It's not hard to understand, you layed your jacket on someone else's ride knowingly. How would you like me to lay my jacket on that Jag of yours if I saw it parked at a dealership? I don't know if it's the dealer's or some guy's car that is getting serviced. Nonetheless, it is not mine and I would not touch it.
As for the "Richard Noggin" and the "friends" comment, come on, is that the best you have. Lighten up, you phucked up and got called on it by a kid at the dealership. If it bothered you so much why didn't you speak up then to the manager instead of coming on here to bitch and gain a little support. Did you forget and leave your ***** at the house that day you went to the dealer?
[/quote]

[b]Again, I see comprehension is not one of your strong points. I was focused on getting my bike back. That is why I didn't say anything. I wrote that at least 3 times in this thread already. As for the rest of it, you are full of crap. I guarantee you go to the stealer and sit, touch, examine etc the bikes on the floor. People were sitting and examining bikes right next to this bike and the guy said nothing because they were for sale. This one bike was not. After he called me out, I simply said 'Sorry, I wasn't thinking.' He could have just stopped ther

Old 02-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

[/quote]

Again, I see comprehension is not one of your strong points. I was focused on getting my bike back. That is why I didn't say anything. I wrote that at least 3 times in this thread already. As for the rest of it, you are full of crap. I guarantee you go to the stealer and sit, touch, examine etc the bikes on the floor. People were sitting and examining bikes right next to this bike and the guy said nothing because they were for sale. This one bike was not. After he called me out, I simply said 'Sorry, I wasn't thinking.' He could have just stopped there, but he was a ****, (maybe you know him)

[/quote]

What don't you comprehend, YOU TOUCHED ANOTHER PERSON'S RIDE! Simple as that. You bitched here about the tongue lashing you deservedly received and are looking for what? You got what your deserve, and you are proving it more and more with each post. I agree that, from your story, the guy should have been more tactful. But, since you didn't speak up then, get over it. No use in bringing your bitching here. IMHO, you were wrong and that was the catalyst that started this guy's verbal beat down of you. Maybe the manager got on him previously for not looking out hard enough for customer's bikes. Maybe another customer had a bike damaged by some inconsiderate SOB thus causing this type of approach towards your inconsideration. Maybe you should of focused less on you getting your bike back and more on your actions, then maybe, you wouldn'tof beenmade a fool of in public. As for being a ****, maybe if more dealers were like this than so many of us would not be so afraid to drop our bikes off for service. I could actually relax, without fear of finding a dealer caused scratch or dent, when I have my bike at the dealer. What that guy did was looking out for the best interest of that customer's bike, and if he just so happen to bring to light you being a fool, then that's just a bonus.
P.S. what dealer was it? They sound like they take great caution in looking out for their customer's rides. Plus the side show of verbally bitch slapping fools would greatly pass the time while waiting[sm=itsok.gif].

P.S.S. Oh, so you didn't leave your ***** at home. You were just so focused on getting your bike back that you forgot you had them. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

They obviously don't take care of peoples rides too well. They leave them on the floor with bikes that are for sale. If it was for sale then it wouldn't be "someone else's ride". The policy at the dealer allows for people to freely sit on the bikes that are for sale. You have to look at the tag on the handle bar to see if it is for sale or if it belongs to someone. The bike in question was probably improved by my jacket touching it. It was a beat POS with a cracked seat.

That is my last word on this. You are a world class a-hole. Your responses have been over the top. You were probably picked on in school so now you have to flex your muscles onthe internet. Get a life jerk.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Steeltown
Tourer

I remember your strategy in arguements all to well....as soon as someone disagrees with you, you simply attack their intelligence...so lame.
Listen you unknowingly put your property on another mans ride....and got called on it. There's a reason why you have never done it...cause it ain't right, and therefore you should completely understand his response.

Number 2 you should be glad that someone at a dealership has that amount of respect for a customers ride, what if it was your ride, and some ****up scratched the paint with a zipper, anything can happen, and you would be thankful of the same guy who hurt your wittle feelings

By the way you were in the service department??? where bikes are owned and serviced?? and the thought never crossed your mind, that this "just might" be bike in for service??? I find that hard to believe, but then again I don't know you and can't account for your level of common sense.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

It was a beat POS with a cracked seat.
Respectfully, It may well have been a POS. But you know what? It was SOMEONE ELSE'S POS! Further to the point, you had opened this thread with a statement requesting that ALL answers be given in a candid and upright fashion. If you are ill-prepared for what may come your way as a result, then you should rethink such a request in the future. You asked folks for their honest opinions and then you resort to attacking them as a result of same. Seemingly continuing on with this process until such time that you find someone who sympathizes with your situation and actions therein. I can now see how maybe, just maybe, the service guy saw you as he did. And in turn, acted accordingly.

Hopefully others reading this thread will take from it one simple rule: If it ain't yours, leave it the hell alone! Ask first before touching, sitting, leaning, resting, or treating it as a closet for your own personal convenience.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:27 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

I have no problem with anyone telling me it was wrong. I myself said it was wrong. Other members said it was wrong in a respectful way and I had no issue with it. Read the responses and see the ones that said it was wrong and how they said it. I only responded negatively to jerks (three in particular) who used the thread as an opportunity to attack another member. You even went as far as to change the story to support your argument and to dramatize and exaggerate what I already admitted to.

I guess flexing your internet muscles somehow make up for your inadequacies.You are three sad, miserable, people with obvious inferiority complexes. I pity you.

Quick Reply: confession.....