General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confession.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:54 PM
RKGary
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I have to confess.......................

My bike is not someones coat rack. No one should touch it unless I give them permission. I do have problems with childish lectures.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Overlappinglittlepig
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The employee could of handled it like this, if he was aware of his surroudings he would have realized why you were there and that you were being delayed and inconvenienced. He could of politely said without out making a federal case about it, Sir could I hang that up for you while you are waiting. some people forget what is really important in life and make mountains out of molehills. I can respect the fact that he was concerned about another customer's bike, i am meticulous with mine also, but he did not have to act like an *** about it.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

While putting your jacket (even gently) on somebody else's bike was not entirely correct, HE was way out of line for treating you like a little kid.

You should have checked to see if your bike was rideable at the moment, and left with it. I am sure the owner would appreciate knowing that his employee's disrespectful treatment of a paying customer, cost HIM money.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

[X(][&o][][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=helpout.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=oopssign.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=sigh.gif][sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree with Junior, you should respect other folks bikes. I will not lean on,swing my leg across another persons bike, or place anything on it without permission. I would feel real bad if I scratched somebody's ride by accident cause I was too close to it.. I would hate like hell for my bike to be given back to me with a scratch or dent on it. If I had my bike at the dealer and come and seen anything on my bike I would be talking pretty loud. How would you like for me to come sit in yer carorput my things ion it nicely folded on yer car cause they can't figurenothin on my ownon what to do with it. It shouldn't be somebody else responsibility to tell you this, now we have to stop what were doing to watch you. You should of been up front out of other folks way if they have to watch you or worry about steppin on yer feelings.. yer an adult act like one. Use common sense it might take you a long way. I see this over and over. I learned when I was very young this was a NO ! No ! people get pissed when you over step yer space. If you haven't learned this you got a long way to go man. This bike means more to the owners than you could ever imagine too.
I would of taken my jacket to the receptionist or somebody at service and ask if I could stick it in the corner for them to watch it. I have a FXRG and its pretty expensive to lay around. I've seen jackets walk off many times.
Bottom line before you act think or ask somebody if you don't know.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Tactical1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

[X(][&o][][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=bangbang.gif][sm=helpout.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=oopssign.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=sigh.gif][sm=smiley19.gif]
denim, you have to understand the man behind the service shirt has the "power"

group hug

Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
springerlady02
Outstanding HDF Member

denim would you have been up set if i walked over and gently took your jacket off my bike and put it on the floor? i dont agree with the way the guy handled the situtation either..he could have said hey thats a customers bike...and im sure you would have discreetly removed your jacket.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:42 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

Once some one got on my sporster and it almost fell over. I was pissed at that beech[>:]

Old 02-06-2007, 12:45 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cardboard

Agree with Junior, you should respect other folks bikes. I will not lean on,swing my leg across another persons bike, or place anything on it without permission. I would feel real bad if I scratched somebody's ride by accident cause I was too close to it.. I would hate like hell for my bike to be given back to me with a scratch or dent on it. If I had my bike at the dealer and come and seen anything on my bike I would be talking pretty loud. How would you like for me to come sit in yer carorput my things ion it nicely folded on yer car cause they can't figurenothin on my ownon what to do with it. It shouldn't be somebody else responsibility to tell you this, now we have to stop what were doing to watch you. You should of been up front out of other folks way if they have to watch you or worry about steppin on yer feelings.. yer an adult act like one. Use common sense it might take you a long way. I see this over and over. I learned when I was very young this was a NO ! No ! people get pissed when you over step yer space. If you haven't learned this you got a long way to go man. This bike means more to the owners than you could ever imagine too.
I would of taken my jacket to the receptionist or somebody at service and ask if I could stick it in the corner for them to watch it. I have a FXRG and its pretty expensive to lay around. I've seen jackets walk off many times.
Bottom line before you act think or ask somebody if you don't know.
I think some of you did not read all of my original post. As I said in my post, I HAVE NEVER NOR WOULD EVER KNOWINGLY TOUCH SOMEONES ELSE'S BIKE. This particular bike was among other dealer used bikes that were for sale. Don't tell me that you don't walk into a dealer and touch the bikes on the floor and sit on them. If I knew that is was someones bike I never would have touched it despite the fact that it was in poor condition and even had a crack in the seat. Some of you guys are worse than the **** retentive jerk that chastised me. But then again, I guess I asked for it. I'm just surprised how high some of the horses are around here!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

I think some of you did not read all of my original post. As I said in my post, I HAVE NEVER NOR WOULD EVER KNOWINGLY TOUCH SOMEONES ELSE'S BIKE. [/quote]

But YOU DID, so it's time to get over the tongue lashing you received. I've been to many dealerships that require one to ask to mount the bike prior to doing so, so yes, I do ask first before hopping on. But that is me and that is how I expect others to treat my bike. You admitted you didn't know it was a customer's bike but why assume it wasn't? Haven't you ever heard the saying about assume (when you assume you make an *** out ofu and me)? That's what you did. No "high horse" about it. Even if the bike was the dealer's doesn't make it right. It is the dealer's and NOT YOUR COAT RACK. Are your arms broke? Like I said before, fold the jacket over your arm and keep the gear off of other's property.
This reminds me of jerks who use the bed of someone else's pickup for a trash can or the person who thinks it's alright to sit on the hood of another man's car because they're tired. WTF. Find a trash can to throw your crap away, a bench to park your *** on or get in shape so you can hold yourself up. If it ain't yours don't mess with it unless given permission. Did your parents not teach you anything?
I'm not trying to bust your chops but don't get upset when someone called you out for being obviously wrong. Like I said before, the kid could have been a little more tactful but we are only getting one side of the story. It pisses me off when people don't treat other's stuff the way they expect theirs to be treated. And just because maybe you would not mind someone using your bike as a coat rack, don't assume (remember this saying) others would be as cordial.

Quick Reply: confession.....