Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Rogue, Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real world experience...Got this a gift in the mail today. OMFG is it big, ugly and uncomfortable. The nose piece is uncomfortable and requires some patience just to get the dam thing on. I have a Bell 500 that is very comfortable and not $250 bucks. Unless you want a giant mushroom the size of a small planet on your head DO NOT BUY THIS HELMET>

Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ACRblaze
Real world experience...Got this a gift in the mail today. OMFG is it big, ugly and uncomfortable. The nose piece is uncomfortable and requires some patience just to get the dam thing on. I have a Bell 500 that is very comfortable and not $250 bucks. Unless you want a giant mushroom the size of a small planet on your head DO NOT BUY THIS HELMET>
What do you REALLY think about it, ACR? haha.

I concur on the Bell 500. Great helmet. Great price.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

After finally seeing one in person, I am really not a fan. But, I do not see helmets as a fashion accessory. My Daytona 1/2, or my 1970 Arai 3/4 will just have to do.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 PM
byersjay25
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried one on while I was in Daytona and it was def not for me. Awkward and the face mask contraption was very uncomfortable. Just didn't make sense to me but to each his own.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ACRblaze
I have a Bell 500 too and it's fairly low profile and comfy. I decided to try a Bell Mag 9 helmet with the built in faceshield and it feels pretty good, but it's definitely a mushroom head type helmet compared to the Bell 500. I kind of feel like the Great Kazoo now. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
illetrop
Advanced
Default the rogue helmet

You know. I've been looking better coverage for my head.
Obviously I wont get better coverage then a full face. But unless im on a croch rocket I dont want to wear that thing on my harley, that's just me. I am interested in the rogue, and it will deff be an upgrade from the brain cap that I wear. Plus the muzzle will protect you from the elements, and if you do go down, to some extent it just might keep your face from being eaten by the road. Of corse depends your speed. The muzzle is much more eazier then tieing a bandana everytime around my face. I might order it, try it, and if i don't like the feel of it ill just send it back.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
jwhardin
Road Master

Originally Posted by baka1969
The issue with the muzzle is that it doesn't serve any real functional purpose.
I imagine it would stop a piece of gravel or other small debris from breaking off a tooth or two or busting a lip open when a car kicks one up and propels it to your face on the freeway.

I've had a piece of gravel ping off my cheek bone before.

Not fun.

So I tend to wear my modular FF on the freeway.

That Bell helmet is ok, but I'm unlikely to buy it. That Shark helmet looks more functional and definitely more protective but it isn't a half-helmet underneath it all like the road warrior looking thing is.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:57 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by jwhardin
I imagine it would stop a piece of gravel or other small debris from breaking off a tooth or two or busting a lip open when a car kicks one up and propels it to your face on the freeway.

I've had a piece of gravel ping off my cheek bone before.

Not fun.

So I tend to wear my modular FF on the freeway.

That Bell helmet is ok, but I'm unlikely to buy it. That Shark helmet looks more functional and definitely more protective but it isn't a half-helmet underneath it all like the road warrior looking thing is.
I picked up the Nolan N43E Trilogy. To me I like it better than a modular because it's lighter and offers more configurations.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I'maHugger
Tourer

The Rouge helmet isn't as awful as the Predator!
[URL="http://cheezburger.com/6728033280"URL]

Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GOOFY!!!

Quick Reply: Bell Rogue, Wow!