General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Booz and a ride...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
gconklin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Booz and a ride...

Would you ride 80mph naked in a snow storm with your tongue stuck to the frozen handlebars?

I would hope not, because its stupid! So then why would anyone go riding their expensive and unsafe bike right after drinking alcohol?

My question is sincere, its never made sense to me. Thanks for your honest and sincere answers.

EDIT:
I should clarify the question: "drinking alcohol" was meant to mean having enough that would cause you to be over the legal limit. I believe that's more than one per hour.

Sorry to have upset so many by not making this clear. Please forgive me. Now on with the thread...

Old 02-05-2007, 03:37 PM
SteveM
Road Captain
Default RE: Booz and a ride...

Same reason they would drink and drive anything............. Just tupid I guess.............

Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't drink and ride.........................I might spill some.

BTW, you have the sweetest looking Softail I've ever seen! Even the crankcase is polished.........geez louise. Nice

Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cause for some folks, if they didn't ride to a bar they wouldn't ride at all!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 PM
gconklin
Road Master

Yup. But I figured there'd be someone with the attitude of "I can't hurt many people on my bike other than me, so let me do what I want!" which I say adds to my motorcycle insurance costs... we pay for their accidents, injuries and deaths - which means we pay for their stupidity.

I used to think we grew out of our stupidity, but looking around me I can honestly say many don't.

Stupid is as stupid does!

But my question still stands... those of you hitting the bars on your rides and drinking a few or more before getting back on, what are you thinking? Seriously?

Old 02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser

First of all my bike is not unsafe and second of all I like beer and therefore on a weekend ride we will stop and have a few and third of all you sound like you wouldn't understand. It's not all or nothing to most people. One or two beers is fine but 12 can be problematic. Everyone has their own boundaries and I say live and let live. Many in this so called biker brotherhood seem very judgemental about helmet/no helmet, beer/no beer etc. If you don't like drinking and driving don't do it.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:53 PM
gconklin
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Adam,

You're a local to me and you come across as a cool straight-headed guy. And since I recall you've commented hitting the bars on your rides in past threads, can you share with me your reasoning?

Some might not drink alcohol when they go and just do it for the hang'n-out time with the guys (which I totally understand), but why not then goto a coffee shop or something without booz?

~ confused ~

Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
gconklin
Road Master

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
BTW, you have the sweetest looking Softail I've ever seen! Even the crankcase is polished.........geez louise. Nice
Thanks for the compliment! Still wasn't good enough to win the BOTM a while back though.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:57 PM
recross
Tourer

sounds like an AA meeting.. let's go riding.....

Old 02-05-2007, 03:59 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: gconklin

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Adam,

You're a local to me and you come across as a cool straight-headed guy. And since I recall you've commented hitting the bars on your rides in past threads, can you share with me your reasoning?

Some might not drink alcohol when they go and just do it for the hang'n-out time with the guys (which I totally understand), but why not then goto a coffee shop or something without booz?

~ confused ~

Theres no beer at a coffee shop, just latte drinking old men with dog breath.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Quick Reply: Booz and a ride...