General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Booz and a ride...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Booz and a ride...

Sleepover at Jimbo's!!!

I agree with Terry 100%. Think people just lookin for an argument. I've had a drink or two and rode. I tend to not, but it's not the end of the world. Drunk and driving or riding is not cool.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Panhead...............I understand your point. I have been in transportation for 36 years....I have seen soooooooooooooo many people who were " not impaired" crash and get seriously injuried and dead. But I'm not a tea totaler, so I guess it really doesn't matter to me. Just stating my opinion. Anyone can drink all they want.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I drink no alcohol, ever. My choice, I just get no enjoyment out of altering my state of mind. I want to be in complete control of my faculties.

Folks want to have 1 or 2 beers and ride, fine, as long as you are certain you are in control. I have many friends who drink, I also have met many people who become instant a-hole when you add alcohol.

Those who have said that they know whether they are able to ride after drinking or not, how many times have you seen someone that you KNOW is drunk and they didn't think so?
I agree, it's not my business what anyone does, but if somebody gets drunk and rides, or drives that way and kills one of my kids, I'd not only make it my business, but the cops better get them first.

Last point. Those of you who have kids, and drink and ride, what would you do if some drunk biker hit your kid and killed them?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Panhead...........I am not judging anyone. I do apolgize, I was thinking a CDL licensed driver is legally intoxicated at .04 not.08. .08 is legally intoxicated for regular drivers or non-CDL. Your skills may be perfect at .10 for all I know. I am just stating, is it really worth being caught by LEO, having an accident and test positive for DUI, or ( god forbid ) killing yourself or someone else. I do ride in groups. Yes there are a few who drink. I stay behind them. I do fund raisers, bike weeks etc::. I'm not judging. I ride with people who drink. I was just making a statment.

ORIGINAL: Panhead_1_9_4_8

ORIGINAL: Rick51

Look,,,,,it is your bike, your ride, your beer, your life, your family and kids,your problem. Remember it only takes2 drinks to get to the legal limit of .04 Just leave us your address so we can contact your next of kin. I'm not being judgemental. It's your responsiblity to drive safe, just don't kill an innocent family.
Let's assume for the sake of arguement that you're correct. I drink 2 beers in 1 hour and I'm at .04. First ... .04 is not in violation of any law. Second, how can you be the judge of what my riding skills are at .04. In fact ... I would wager my .04 skills are better than many non-drinking riders. You are in fact being judgemental when you attempt to equivicate a .04 to killing families. Your entitled to your paranoia when it comes to drinking and riding, but face the facts ... within the limits, it's perfectly legal. Lastly ... answer my question ... how is it that you ensure everyone riding around you hasn't had a drink? You don't do group rides? You don't do poker runs? You don't do fundraisers, party's, bike weeks?

Old 02-06-2007, 06:13 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Life in sobriety is much too beautiful itself to pass it by numbed in booze. So I don't drink, riding or not.

As for dying for "some fun"... feel free to leave more room in here for the civilized... drown in booze if you will, but do it at home where stupidity just kills the enthusiast and not some other person with you.

God bless you all.

Mimo.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

some serious problems here!!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 07:26 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mimo

Life in sobriety is much too beautiful itself to pass it by numbed in booze. So I don't drink, riding or not.

As for dying for "some fun"... feel free to leave more room in here for the civilized... drown in booze if you will, but do it at home where stupidity just kills the enthusiast and not some other person with you.

God bless you all.

Mimo.
comfortably numb is the correct term. the reason we want to check out early is so we don't have to listen to you pompous asses ad infinitum. some of you non/ex drinkers could **** up a wet dream.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif]
I think that just about covers it