General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pipes and a nice ride in the city

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:18 PM
franco802
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up New pipes and a nice ride in the city

My new pipes:
I finished installing my new V&H SS today and holy crap are they f'ing loud!!!! They were kind of bothering me at first when I started my ride this morning. But then I got use to them. I also plugged in the xied's.

Couple of things I have noticed are, the bike runs cooler and it has a bit more power. Sounds f'ing mean as hell! But I think I am going to order the baffles to get a deeper sound.

My 40 mile ride:

Felt really good to go on a longer ride today. I actually rode into the city to get some more experience and have fun. One thing I have noticed is, at 50+mph it feels like I am going to get blown off the bike. I haven't even been on the freeway yet and it feels kind of scary. I had some ******* with a cell phone cut me off and almost hit me at an intersection. Training kicked in and I did what I was suppose to and avoided a bad crash. I was yelling at the guy, he ended up refusing to look at me and put his window up. He obviously knew he f'ed up.

The pipes really do work as far as warning people I'm there. I notice people hanging back and staying away from me because they are loud. I love it. I feel better and safer now. Thanks for all your help HD people.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by franco802
I had some ******* with a cell phone cut me off and almost hit me at an intersection. Training kicked in and I did what I was suppose to and avoided a bad crash.
Yep, going from stock pipes to aftermarket is a big noise change.
I try to keep extra alert at intersections. What did your training tell you to do in that situation?

Mike

Old 12-22-2012, 05:30 PM
franco802
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldMike
Yep, going from stock pipes to aftermarket is a big noise change.
I try to keep extra alert at intersections. What did your training tell you to do in that situation?

Mike

Swerve and slow down.