General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why don't you have a windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012 | 03:58 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by rafael53
Don't have one cause don't like them...FWI I'll be 60 this year.
Groovy bike....and attitude

Old 12-20-2012 | 04:51 PM
mtnman37879
1st Gear

Why no windshield? Cause it's not a cage.

Old 12-20-2012 | 05:10 PM
tomt
Road Master

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I'm just razzing you. I traded two bikes and a fat check, (check not "chick") last year on my present 2011 FLTRUSE.
A 2010 RK and a 2009 Super Glide, both bikes had over $10K each in farkles & Stage upgrades.

If you visit Daytona you'll see those Boss Hoss "chick bikes" being test ridden by some fine looking ladies.
I'm just having some fun. Your having some fun. No feelings hurt here. That's what the smilies are for. It helps let everyone know it's all a joke.

My scoot, well, that's another story. You hurt it's feelings.

Screw it, if it can't take a joke. Harley's are so sensitive. I haven't told it the Indian is back, yet.

Sorry for the hijack. As you were.

Old 12-20-2012 | 05:27 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cm ride
Someone told, not asked me that I need a windshiled on my bike. My answer if I wanted a windshiled I would have bought a Convertable!
With my flstc I can ride with or without a windshield but I prefer to ride with the windshield because it counts down fatigue when going long distance.

Old 12-20-2012 | 05:38 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by baka1969
Windshields are great in cold weather. If I had to decide to use the windshield or to not ride, guess which on I'll choose?
Originally Posted by dog155
Oh yeah always those that stir the pot.Thankfully we know all about your kind.
Originally Posted by tomt
We are not all, ***** azz old timers. I'm 69, never used one will never use one.

And while we are talking about windshields. Anyone who rides with a windshield or puts bags on their scoot, are *****'s.

I wanted to say this for a while. I guess it is good time too, with the world coming to an end tomorrow.
Originally Posted by an Uncouth Barbarian
Actually, windshields are for oldtimers who don't WANT the wind in their faces anymore. What is your reason for no windshield?
Originally Posted by ogh11756
Ouch!!
I live in northern Pennsylvania and am still riding, my personal record is 25 degrees, and ride 25+ miles to work whenever the roads are dry.
I put the wind shield on when it is 50 degrees or below, just to block the wind off my chest and make it bearable. To each his own.
I do prefer to ride without it, weather permitting.
I will assume your bike is now in the garage and not being ridden.
I would rather be a ***** azz old timer that rides than one who just talks about it.
Originally Posted by Tom Hudson
thats me
Originally Posted by CB1
Internet tough guys, so impressive.
Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
I really don't mind the wind, or the rain, or the occassional snowflake & bug, but it's those g-danged rocks that hurt. I've had enough of them when I never had a windshield from 1961 to 2005. Now I enjoy my windshield, although it does cause a bit of wobbly stuff in real heavy cross-winds.

Gentleman. Please allow me to apologize for not placing a "sarcastic" smiley or winking or something to let you all know I was just kidding. I'm getting close to being an old guy myself, 51 and I actually do have a windshield. Where the hell did everyone's sense of humor go?

Allow me to answer everyone:

baka I'll bet you choose the windshield.

dog155, no pot stirrer unless it's pudding.

tomt good for you!

Uncouth Bar, like I said I do have one. It's one of those quick on and off ones. Haven't taken it off yet.

ohg11576, yes it is in the garage right now. We just got six inches of snow, temp is 19 and the winds are howling. I was riding just a couple of days ago. It isn't covered up or sitting on a lift. I do have a battery tender on it in case the weather don't break for a while. I can have it out the door and ready to roar in a couple of minutes.

Tom, thanks for having a sense of humor!

CB1. Yes. Yes I am an internet tough guy. But don't tell anyone.

arcticCharley, I am totally with you buddy.

Have a nice day all.

Last edited by patrickd; 12-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2012 | 05:51 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

I always say, putting a windshield or saddlebags on a Night Train is like putting a sweatsuit on a Victoria's Secret model...

It may keep her warmer and more comfortable , but wtf are YOU thinking?

Old 12-20-2012 | 06:24 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I also run a batwing but all quick detach. I can run her dressed or naked depending on my mood and the weather...

Old 12-20-2012 | 06:50 PM
Robbie13
LOSER

Like anything else if you use it a lot it will wear out. I figure if I were to look through one all the time it would wear out and I would have to replace it.

Old 12-20-2012 | 07:15 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by patrickd
Gentleman. Please allow me to apologize for not placing a "sarcastic" smiley or winking or something to let you all know I was just kidding. I'm getting close to being an old guy myself, 51 and I actually do have a windshield. Where the hell did everyone's sense of humor go?

Allow me to answer everyone:

baka I'll bet you choose the windshield.

dog155, no pot stirrer unless it's pudding.

tomt good for you!

Uncouth Bar, like I said I do have one. It's one of those quick on and off ones. Haven't taken it off yet.

ohg11576, yes it is in the garage right now. We just got six inches of snow, temp is 19 and the winds are howling. I was riding just a couple of days ago. It isn't covered up or sitting on a lift. I do have a battery tender on it in case the weather don't break for a while. I can have it out the door and ready to roar in a couple of minutes.

Tom, thanks for having a sense of humor!

CB1. Yes. Yes I am an internet tough guy. But don't tell anyone.

arcticCharley, I am totally with you buddy.

Have a nice day all.
Hey Pat, I knew you were joking the whole time.

Old 12-20-2012 | 07:56 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

I figured as much baka. Did I guess right?

Quick Reply: Why don't you have a windshield?