General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why don't you have a windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012 | 10:42 AM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Are you a real biker and/or what type of oil are you running?

Old 12-20-2012 | 10:51 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cm ride
Someone told, not asked me that I need a windshiled on my bike. My answer if I wanted a windshiled I would have bought a Convertable!
I like riding without the windshield too, but I've ridden enough distance and cold to know when to put it on. Tuesday it was 39 and I had my windshielld off to change my fork oil and forgot to put it back on. Nearly froze (levis dockers, shoes and half helmet, so the clothes didn't help). In summer, I keep the windshield off, but give me a trip of more than 100 or 150 highway miles and I'm putting it on. The wind is nothing at 55-60 on the backroads, but 80 on the highway is a different story.

Old 12-20-2012 | 10:59 AM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I'm impressed that at 69 you can still hold up that "chick-bike" all by yourself.
LOL....Love it.
I guess at only 50 I should sell my Road Glide and go back to a bike w/out a windshield and bags , so I can be a bad azz ...........??

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:23 AM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain

I think a shield looks good on some bikes but I'd not have one on mine. I've owned bikes with them and will admit they are nice to have but they look bad on many bikes (mine included) and I'd rather the wind in my face and chest than be seen with one on my bike.

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:36 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member

Some tell ya to put a windshield on and others cuss ya for putting a shield on.
Sounds like to me there is alot of morons out there telling other people how to live.
Bag of mixed nutz for sure, get a life ...

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:44 AM
marshalleugene
Cruiser

To each his own.....I have a quick detach windshield, but prefer in on if 'm going more than a few miles down the road. I do however think the bike actually looks better with no windshield.

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:56 AM
tomt
Road Master

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I'm impressed that at 69 you can still hold up that "chick-bike" all by yourself.
A lot of Dyna owners would disagree with you. I was told by a well informed person, my brother in-law. Who owns a 2005 Fatboy with 1,600 miles on it. Sportsters are chick bikes.

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:57 AM
CB1
Tourer

Originally Posted by patrickd
Windshields are for ***** azz old timers who can't take the wind in their face anymore.
Originally Posted by tomt
We are not all, ***** azz old timers. I'm 69, never used one will never use one.

And while we are talking about windshields. Anyone who rides with a windshield or puts bags on their scoot, are *****'s.

I wanted to say this for a while. I guess it is good time too, with the world coming to an end tomorrow.
Internet tough guys, so impressive.

Old 12-20-2012 | 12:42 PM
rick-e-b
Tourer

I read all of these post and had to smile. I used to have a convertible. While cleaning it one day I took it off and loved the way my bike looked. I decided to hop on the interstate hwy. and ride to town to crusie and look cool. When I hit 75 on the interstate I decided that looking cool was not my gig and put the windshield. Now I ride a Roadstar with a 10" Klock windscreen. Bottom line do not let anyone tell you how to live your life. If you mostly cruise city streets adn looking cool is more important than comfort, them ride free and ride safe.

Old 12-20-2012 | 01:50 PM
backroads-2
Advanced

just one more thing to to keep clean

Quick Reply: Why don't you have a windshield?