General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why don't you have a windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012 | 06:30 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

I thought a windshield would spoil the looks of my WG too. Nonsense. I could put a dead cat on the front fender and it would still look good. Look real good!

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:03 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by patrickd
I thought a windshield would spoil the looks of my WG too. Nonsense. I could put a dead cat on the front fender and it would still look good. Look real good!
But is that an official authentic HD dead cat?

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:09 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by baka1969
But is that an official authentic HD dead cat?
It was when it was alive.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:11 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

I was out riding today on the highway. It was in the low high 30s/low40s with 10-20 MPH winds. I can't imagine riding for any long distance on the highway with those temps and actually enjoying the ride without a windshield. I'm starting to wonder if all the guys that don't use windshields or full face helmets actually ever rode in the winter on the highway for any real distance.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:21 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by patrickd
It was when it was alive.

That's a great *****.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:22 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

Originally Posted by XKnight
I was out riding today on the highway. It was in the low high 30s/low40s with 10-20 MPH winds. I can't imagine riding for any long distance on the highway with those temps and actually enjoying the ride without a windshield. I'm starting to wonder if all the guys that don't use windshields or full face helmets actually ever rode in the winter on the highway for any real distance.
Yes some of us do ride long distance, including Iron Butt rides (IBA# 40205) and ride in cold weather, doing a Polar Bear run New Years Day suppose to be 29 degrees, it's all about the gear you choose, I happen to believe you do not need a windshield to be comfortable if you dress properly for the conditions.

So you keep wondering and I'll keep riding.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:26 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDCustomFabrication
Yes some of us do ride long distance, including Iron Butt rides (IBA# 40205) and ride in cold weather, doing a Polar Bear run New Years Day suppose to be 29 degrees, it's all about the gear you choose, I happen to believe you do not need a windshield to be comfortable if you dress properly for the conditions.

So you keep wondering and I'll keep riding.
More power to you! I guess we all have different comfort levels. Personally, getting pounded by the cold winds at 70+ MPH for hours at a time isn't my idea of fun regardless of what gear I have on.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:34 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

Different strokes... But just because you can't or won't do something, doesn't mean others can't.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:38 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDCustomFabrication
Different strokes... But just because you can't or won't do something, doesn't mean others can't.
No doubt and I think that's what I said above. I ride in the cold, but just choose to use a shield while doing it. It's not that I can't ride without a shield, it's simply more comfortable for me to use one and I couldn't care less about how it looks on the bike. Seems a lot of folks get caught up in how the bike looks with a windshield and that's why they don't use one. If you enjoy riding without a shield for long distances then again more power to you.

Old 12-29-2012 | 07:41 PM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

Originally Posted by XKnight
No doubt and I think that's what I said above. I ride in the cold, but just choose to use a shield while doing it. It's not that I can't ride without a shield, it's simply more comfortable for me to use one and I couldn't care less about how it looks on the bike. Seems a lot of folks get caught up in how the bike looks with a windshield and that's why they don't use one. If you enjoy riding without a shield for long distances then again more power to you.
Indeed, ride safe Bro

Quick Reply: Why don't you have a windshield?