General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson announces new tire supplier.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Cav
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Davidson announces new tire supplier.

ORIGINAL: traveler

They know it too, that's why they still have Napoleon's coffin lying in state to this day in Paris.

Joe
While I understand your sentiments, the above statement is not correct and hasn't been for decades, if not a century or more. Shorty has been entombed at Les Invalides for quite some time now and I dropped in myself (since it's next to the military museum at the same location). Even 'Dolph made a point of visiting when he visited Paris in '40 or '41, but I don't think this was appreciated quite so much.

"Lying is state" is when the coffin is exposed (or flag draped):
"Lying in state is a term used to describe the tradition in which a coffin is placed on view to allow the public at large to pay their respects to the deceased"

Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

ORIGINAL: JeepMaker

Hope they aren't as expensive as the Pilot Sports on my Crossfire. Out of curiosity I priced them out online, holy crap, $304.00 for each rear and just over $200.00 for each front.[sm=jawdrop.gif]
I bought a set of Michelin commanders online for $76.00 front and 92.00 rear. With shipping it was under $200.00....BTW...those are both oversized 150/80/16's
These darn Pilot sports are pretty good size fronts are 225/40 x 18
the rears are 255/35 x 19 speed rating Z 150mph+ there isn't but maybe 3 inches from the rim down to the road.
You not only feel every bump, if I run over a dime I can tell ya whether it's heads or tails.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:22 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had great luck with Dunlops, and I'll continue to buy them.
They may not wear like iron, but the grip is second to none. For me, I would rather have a sticky tire than one that is as hard as a rock...

Old 06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
mopar
Cruiser

Michelin motorcycle tires are not made in the US. I have replaced OE tires withMichelin tires (when available) on all my vehicles for years. Their motorcycle tire are the best I've ever run. I agree the French people are an arrogant bunch of a**holes. However"Michelin North America" has always stepped up when ever a disaster has struck in the US. They are very people and customer oriented.I know first hand. I have worked for Michelin for 29 years. I retire next year.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
hartsough
Intermediate

I guess non of your bikes say bosch on the headlight or Showa on the forks right?

Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A tire's valueis not only measured by how long it lasts, as a few have alluded to, but how well it grips. Michelin tires have been know in the motorcycle world (outside of la-la HD land) to be the best for balancing grip with treadlife. Just remember, the tires are the only thing on your bike that actually touches the ground (hopefully!).

Old 06-12-2007, 10:56 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I used to use michelin pilots on my rice rockets. they were great...
+1... I also found the Pilot Powers to be an excellent tire~ The new Pilot Power 2CTs are even better... harder, touring type, compound in the center.. with a softer compound on the edges/sides for better corner grip~ I was gonna see if they had them
to fit the NT once the stockers are wore down~ I'm sure I can find them to fit the rear, but not too sure about the front~ [&:]

Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
hefitz
Intermediate

I put a 21" Michelin Commander on the front of my WG a few months back. Not that I was unhappy with the stock Dunlop....I just couldn't get my hands on one. I had almost 15,000 miles on that Dunlop. Granted, I should have changed it out at around 13,000.

I have noticed that the Michelin gives the front end more stability on grooved pavement. It doesn't seem to want to hang in the grooves as much as the Dunlop did. As for milage, I guess we'll see in time how they wear. All in all, I'm satisfied with the tire and the cost was virtually the same as the Dunlop.

Got it here:

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp...p;Category=651

Old 06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

I have had Michelin Pilots as original equipment on my cars and I have found they don't have all that great of a grip, wear out quickly and are very expensive.

I replaced them Yokohoma which are cheaper, better tires, and last longer.

Dunlops blow. Only 6000 miles on my rear and it bald.