General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street glide touring seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
digiover
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street glide touring seats

My wife and I did abt seven hundred miles this last weekend on a 012 street glide and the only complaint she had was her but fell asleep . The bike ran great and we always did this on my old Electra Glide. I looked at seats when we got back...any suggestion on replacing the stock seat?

Thanks,

Geno

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Simonizer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am going to try a C&C solo seat with backrest, I will also send my stock seat to mean city for a mod for two up, lots of great threads on seats in the form.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
digiover
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look for threads on the street glide first ...didn't see any

Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 PM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 349 Likes on 158 Posts

My OL is still a little PO'd at me for selling the Valkyrie. She said that was the most comfortable bike she's ridden on. It had a really wide Mustang seat for both driver and passenger. You might look into that. So far, I've had the stock seat, a stock Street Glide CVO seat, and a tallboy seat on my SG and she's not liked any of them. I don't want the Mustang seat since it sits me forward and i can't do that. Maybe it will work better for you.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Check out Mean City Cycles. They'll mod your seat to make it more comfortable.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Got the HD Sundowner seat for my SG and the wife really likes it. Tried a stock Ultra seat and she liked the Sundowner better. Doesn't look too bad with a tour pak or backrest in place.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To save some money, we bought the new Zeppelin air cushion seat (like the air hawk). Bought her one too, and we both found them to be very comfy and not a lot of $$. Gotta play w/ them to get them just right. My butt and back doesn't hurt like it used too.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Many dealers now have the seats you can try before you ride. Find a dealer in your area that will let you try them before you buy. I have the sun downer and my wife likes it. I have sat on a tall boy and wish I would have bought that instead. But not going to buy another seat.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM
wtb3886
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zeppelin air cushion seat is what we went with and you won't believe the difference for both of you it will make.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Street Glide has a really nice looking stock seat, and while it is pretty good for the rider, it has no riding comfort at all for the passenger.

Tapers to a thin point, and is ok if she wraps her arms around you sport bike style, but not comfortable at all if she is going to use a backrest/sissybar.

Sundowner seem to be super popular, but as said earlier, best to take her to dealership and try out a bunch of back seats on some of the used bikes and demo's.

Always a good idea to let her choose her own saddle. You can always change back to your stock seat if you are riding solo.

Last edited by Uncle Paul; 11-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Street glide touring seats