General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the term 'wallet biker'?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Markk9
If it wasn't for the wallet biker, H-D would have went out of business, and we all be riding victory.
And Victory never would have existed...nor would most of the other v-twin lines from Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki/Kawisaki...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't worry you're a Real Biker & not a Wallet Biker if any of these Real Biker traits are true .

1. If your bike payment is at least =>, equal to or greater than, half of your house payment or rent.
2. have more Real Biker Tattoos than teeth.
3. have only seven more payments left on the 2007 bike and it yours.
4. still believe that Harleys are a status symbol and the government will take care of you when you can no longer ride.
5. have a wife that lets you speak of her as old lady.
6. Think of your patch vest as safety equipment.

Last edited by SeeMeDo; 11-25-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Some of us that worked our assess off did not waste our cash on booze and partying and can now afford what we want with out a lot of drama are often called wallet bikers.
Truth is many of us put more mile a month on than to the real bikes in a year.
You life your cash your ride do it your way
BINGO! and those of us that did work our asses off also went to school for a long time after high school and found ourselves pretty good jobs and made careers that paid us well. So, now we we can afford what we want ... like smitty said.

Also, I don't have a single tattoo or any body pierces, I don't smoke ... anything .... so I guess I'm a wallet biker for sure.

Mike

Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,404 Likes on 8,422 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5380
BINGO! . So, now we we can afford what we want ... like smitty said.

Also, I don't have a single tattoo or any body pierces, I don't smoke ... anything .... so I guess I'm a wallet biker for sure.

Mike
No your not. Your just boring!!

j/k ....

Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
Not envy, pity is more like it. I paid cash for my bike, albeit used, and do all my own maintenance, for no other reason than it's too easy. Nothing on a Harley is so complicated that you need the dealer to do it.

I call them credit card bikers, same thing. When the temps drop below 60, rarely do you see anyone but the hard core out there.

Riding a bike is so much fun, and economical, I can't see why everyone isn't out there year round,, snow permitting.
3 weeks back I was dropping off my bike at my Indys for the winter. (I left town the next day for work and got back the day before Thanksgiving.) It was 41 and sunny with a nasty breeze. I saw 1 other bike during the 40 minute ride.
While I was there filling out the paperwork and making sure they knew what I wanted done (I am not a real biker, I pay people to work on my bike...) No less than 6 other bikes stopped in, including 2 riding 2 up. They all stopped in because my Indy is thier Indy and all of us were out riding on a day it was 41 out.
Imagine that, all us wallet bikers out riding in the cold....

The following users liked this post:
Czracer (09-16-2023)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
This topic is stupid.
We are all the same and doing the same thing once we are sitting on our bikes and twisting the throttle going down the road.
It's when you get off the bike and open your mouth that decides what and who you really are as a human being.
Being critical of what someone chooses to wear as to the point of labelling them is being a busy body.
Criticizing how others keep there rides in shape, be it clean, having a shop do all the work on it or how, when or how far you ride is also being a busy body. Just ride, it ain't no big deal, just ride.
Mind you're own business...it what a real biker does.

^^^ This ^^^

Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,404 Likes on 8,422 Posts

Dude, 41* ain't cold!!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
tbone108
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all
The money these bikes cost we should all get a free Harley wallet with every bike then we could all be wallet bikers lol.
fxdxi rider.
tbone108

Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Dude, 41* ain't cold!!
____ Bwaaahahaha ______ YES It Is ____

Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
Not envy, pity is more like it. I paid cash for my bike, albeit used, and do all my own maintenance, for no other reason than it's too easy. Nothing on a Harley is so complicated that you need the dealer to do it.

I call them credit card bikers, same thing. When the temps drop below 60, rarely do you see anyone but the hard core out there.

Riding a bike is so much fun, and economical, I can't see why everyone isn't out there year round,, snow permitting.
First paragraph: good for you. I borrowed to buy mine (paid off 6 weeks ago), do work that is within my ability because it's fun, and admire those with more ability than me.

2nd paragraph: you don't actually know who all those guys are out in the cold, so you are making assumptions based on your prejudice rather than fact. So call them what you will, based on this you are what I said.

3rd paragraph: I agree, but some no doubt have their reasons. I, for example, have issues with my hands which makes cold/wet painful if I don't plan for it.

I try not to give a damn what others do or are unless it directly harms others. I just wish others did the same.

Quick Reply: What is the term 'wallet biker'?