General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the term 'wallet biker'?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:47 PM
sjef
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So if I have the oil changes and other maintenance on my car done at a shop, am I a wallet car-er? How about a wallet boater? Luckily I like to do my own maintenance on my bike so I guess I'm a real biker.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I spent 20 years as a licensed aircraft mechanic, so I don't feel I have to prove anything by doing my own maintenance and mods, I'm just too cheap to pay someone else to do it.

The following users liked this post:
Jehu (09-06-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm always reminded of the Emo Philips joke entitled "The Heretic" whenever these "whose a biker" threads get going. You know, like every four hours or so.

Oh, you ride a bike? I ride a bike... What kind of bike do you ride? A Harley, hey I ride a Harley! What kind of Harley? Wow, a knucklehead! Me Too! Did you do the restoration by yourself? No, you paid someone to do it? What a asswipe. **** off....

To be fair, it's hardly something Harley riders and "real bikers" have an exclusive on... and to be honest, there really aren't that many people in the western world who aspire to be "a biker" of any type who aren't already riding a bike. Short of 3rd world countries trying to catch-up, motorcyclists are a dying breed... figuratively and literally.

Last edited by FXD_TG; 11-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Jenn1200XL
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would it be so offensive to somebody else what I can afford and when I choose to ride? I work my *** off to buy what I want and ride when I want.

Jenn

Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,860 Likes on 19,340 Posts
Old 11-24-2012, 09:50 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_TG
I'm always reminded of the Emo Philips joke entitled "The Heretic" whenever these "whose a biker" threads get going. You know, like every four hours or so.

Oh, you ride a bike? I ride a bike... What kind of bike do you ride? A Harley, hey I ride a Harley! What kind of Harley? Wow, a knucklehead! Me Too! Did you do the restoration by yourself? No, you paid someone to do it? What a asswipe. **** off....

To be fair, it's hardly something Harley riders and "real bikers" have an exclusive on... and to be honest, there really aren't that many people in the western world who aspire to be "a biker" of any type who aren't already riding a bike. Short of 3rd world countries trying to catch-up, motorcyclists are a dying breed... figuratively and literally.

Aren't you a happy load of holiday cheer , bet your the show stopper at the office Christmas party too .

About the part when you said nobody wants to be a biker anymore ? read up in here some there's all kinds busy trying to be or at least appearing to be one . They get all kinda pissed off when the obvious part about not being one gets pointed out to them too .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-24-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a chain drive wallet, but I want to upgrade to a belt drive. I think it would be quieter and not need so much maintenance. Mine runs on empty most of the time cause I am married. I think I am just a motorcyclist as I don't seem to ever find a type that I fit on here. Oh well.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:32 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Okay, I get it. I worked on fighter jets in the Marine Corps, worked as a civilian auto mechanic and other technical jobs while I went to college and earned a degree. I know how to turn a wrench as well as anyone but since I now have a career that affords me the opportunity to own and ride a Harley and pay someone else to get their hands dirty, I am somehow unfit to own my bike?

Right...

Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by slhanks4
Okay, I get it. I worked on fighter jets in the Marine Corps, worked as a civilian auto mechanic and other technical jobs while I went to college and earned a degree. I know how to turn a wrench as well as anyone but since I now have a career that affords me the opportunity to own and ride a Harley and pay someone else to get their hands dirty, I am somehow unfit to own my bike?

Right...
Damn you read a lot between the lines that wasn't there don't yah think ? That's a bitch trait bud check the renewal date on your man card .....................

Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Damn you read a lot between the lines that wasn't there don't yah think ? That's a bitch trait bud check the renewal date on your man card .....................
My man card is up to date, but thanks for asking.

Quick Reply: What is the term 'wallet biker'?