General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the term 'wallet biker'?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mtw2114
I don't plan on doing a whole lot of work on my bike myself for safety reasons. Every thing I take a wrench to just turns out wrong. I am not mechanically inclined and recognize my limitations. Back in the day when cars were easy to work on, I would get a chilton manual and still figure out ways to screw things up!

So, any / all work will be done by a dealer or an indy. I believe that it actually terrifies my wife to see me do the pre-ride check as she is sure that I probably missed something! Ride on!
Knowing your limitations is a very good thing IMO. Some of the most expensive repairs started out with a tool in my hand and very good intentions.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Livia329
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smitty901
Some of us that worked our assess off did not waste our cash on booze and partying and can now afford what we want with out a lot of drama are often called wallet bikers.
Truth is many of us put more mile a month on than to the real bikes in a year.
You life your cash your ride do it your way
Preach!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:53 PM
logdon17
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know many a bike tech that would say "wallet bikers" are a godsend!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Some of us that worked our assess off did not waste our cash on booze and partying and can now afford what we want with out a lot of drama are often called wallet bikers.
Truth is many of us put more mile a month on than to the real bikes in a year.
You life your cash your ride do it your way
i dunno what a real biker is...but i guess youre saying you ride a lot

i own a (mostly empty) wallet, and a bike. i think i qualify.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Markk9
If it wasn't for the wallet biker, H-D would have went out of business, and we all be riding victory.
Oh no we wouldn't. If I DID ride at all, it would prolly be a RoadStar, Bonneville (not the Asian one) Valkyrie, V-Max, or, if I could afford it, a Boss Hoss. Victory? I'd die first.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,987 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
They need to make a Jiffy Lube fer bikes!
Wouldn't work , all the wallet bikers wouldn't trust it because they aren't getting bent over when it's time to throw the credit card down . Gotta cost to be good right ?

As for the original post , damn there's a lot of angst floating to the surface on some of these replies . What happened kiddies that **** hit a little close to home ? Wallet biker is a term used to describe a guy trying to buy his way into something he isn't naturally and what you bunched up panty boys just can't seem to figure out " Biker " isn't about your fucing toys or how much money you do or don't make . It's about the man on the bike and all the bank in the world isn't gonna make you into something you weren't born with so get over it , like it not we are not all created equal in that department .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-24-2012 at 03:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
Czracer (09-16-2023), old mago (09-12-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

The terms "poser"/"poseur" and "RUB" were getting old so it's been replaced by "wallet biker". What will the next term be? SJ Ron

Last edited by SanJuanRon; 11-24-2012 at 05:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Czracer (09-16-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 03:21 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just confirmed it with my wallet wife...she says I'm a wallet biker...at least I now know

Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 857 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by Manninagh
It is a term of disdain used by ********* who think you can only be an authentic biker if you are blue collar, had to pawn your last possession to own a bike, and do all your own wrenching. Otherwise, apparently, you are a RUB (rich urban biker) whose machine is a "wallet bike" only ridden at weekends in the summer in the dry. This, by the way, is regardless of the mileage you put in.

There's a lot of envy out there. An unattractive emotion, I always feel.
This sounds very close, although i would substitute motorcyclist for authentic biker.

Tony P (09-06-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Wouldn't work , all the wallet bikers wouldn't trust it because they aren't getting bent over when it's time to throw the credit card down . Gotta cost to be good right ?

As for the original post , damn there's a lot of angst floating to the surface on some of these replies . What happened kiddies that **** hit a little close to home ? Wallet biker is a term used to describe a guy trying to buy his way into something he isn't naturally and what you bunched up panty boys just can't seem to figure out " Biker " isn't about your fucing toys or how much money you do or don't make . It's about the man on the bike and all the bank in the world isn't gonna make you into something you weren't born with so get over it , like it not we are not all created equal in that department .
Best response ever. You and I need to grab a beer

Czracer (09-16-2023)

Quick Reply: What is the term 'wallet biker'?