General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the term 'wallet biker'?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:24 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,073 Likes on 4,336 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Isn't that the truth

What's funny said rubs who are so busy looking down their noses at the blue collar crew try so damn hard to look just like them on weekends.

That full circle thing
Maybe 10% on here know exactly what you're saying. Right on the money.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:42 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd buy used also if you could get one at a decent price but around here, people ask way to much for their used bikes so you are better off buying new.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
Speaking of wallets, a buddy of mine bought me a wallet with a chain the other day. It's not my thing but. He gets all butt hurt though. So I'll wear it for a little and switch back. Personally I don’t see the appeal.

I had removed the chain from mine and was using it as a non-biker wallet until I left a credit card at the store one day and realized how absent minded I was becoming. I reattached the chain so I would not do the same thing with my wallet. So now it's again a biker wallet I guess...

Old 10-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,767 Likes on 6,693 Posts

Again, doesn't anybody just ride anymore?

The less time you spend criticizing or worrying about what others are doing the more time you will have to spend enjoying your own life and will be a happier person.

I also challenge anyone to buy, maintain, and ride a bike without money.

FWIW, my participation in this forum is dependent on my health. When my health is poor, I post often. When I am feeling OK, I don't post as much and instead I am out riding unless it is raining.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
In my 40 years on two wheels and a good percentage of that time on ratty bikes that I could barely afford, I can honestly say that nobody has ever done that to me.
The only time it has happened to me was at Sturgis.... go figure

Funny thing is, I think these "wallet biker types" would still be welcomed to the party if not for their stuck up, "I'm a bad *** now" attitudes. It seems they have this image of what a biker is supposed to be like and try to become this B movie biker persona. Comical, yes, but it gets old real quick.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manninagh
It is a term of disdain used by ********* who think you can only be an authentic biker if you are blue collar, had to pawn your last possession to own a bike, and do all your own wrenching. Otherwise, apparently, you are a RUB (rich urban biker) whose machine is a "wallet bike" only ridden at weekends in the summer in the dry. This, by the way, is regardless of the mileage you put in.

There's a lot of envy out there. An unattractive emotion, I always feel.
Good post...totally agree. Some people feel they have to downgrade others to justify their own status.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:13 PM
BLKPRLFLHTCU
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love wallet bikers there a necessity to me, they guarantee a fresh and constant supply of low mileage relatively new extensively accessorized bikes. Buy buy buy, I want a almost new bike!

Old 10-27-2014, 06:54 PM
searay40dad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just confused. I'm not very smart, so should I go find a ratty beaten up jacket so I can pretend I've been around the block a few times, go buy a new jacket and risk looking like a poser or rub, or buy the new jacket and beat it all to crap so I can fool everyone? Not sure there's any way to win this game as someone is always going to find something to bitch and moan about. I think I agree with those who say who gives a crap what anyone else does or has, just ride your ride and I'll ride mine.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:00 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I love it when so many talk about something they only have an Idea about what the term is or might be, heard it for years and still I am not sure what it really means..

Last edited by oct1949; 10-28-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:12 PM
elec2glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell I wish I had the money I would be a wallet biker. Id love to have a new CVO. You could call me whatever you wanted but I am just a poor *** working man.

Quick Reply: What is the term 'wallet biker'?