General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the term 'wallet biker'?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Gunnerthedog
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Real bikers hammer forge thier bikes, from thier left over awesomeness.

The following 2 users liked this post by Gunnerthedog:
Fuzzman71 (09-06-2023), Uncle G. (09-06-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

It occurred to me that you may be suffering from severe dyslexia & meant to say 'bike wallet'. If that is the case then here you go.

~What is a bike wallet? What separates them from other types of wallets? What makes this type of men's leather wallet so appealing to so many people? In this article we will discuss exactly what this versatile wallets really are and why they are still so popular after so many years.

It is true that it has been quiet some time since the first biker wallets were first seen. They go their name because they were very popular with those who rode motorcycles, better known as bikers. This gave these items an allure of danger. They were thought of as wallets that only "tough guys" adorned themselves with.

The truth is that the only thing that separated a biker wallet from a good old fashioned leather wallet, is it's chain. A chain who's purpose was to keep thieves at bay and stop accidental misplacement. Now a days, it is more of a fashion statement than a necessity. Never the less, without a chain, you do not have a biker wallet.

Over the years these types of wallets have migrated towards our youth. It seems that the bad boy look is still holding strong with young people and there is nothing that makes you look tougher than a biker wallet, or so I've been told. It seems that a large chain hanging from your back pocket is a cool sight to see. So this wallet has shrunk in gang popularity, yet grown in popularity with young adults. This is something that will help any company that sells these wallets.

When you think of a biker wallet, what comes to mind? A Dark colored leather wallet with a small chrome covered chain? This was true several years ago but is not the case today. These days you can find this type of wallet in a variety of shapes and colors. This is due to the fact of their growing popularity with the youngest generation.

In order to call your wallet a biker wallet, is the chain a necessity? Unfortunately, yes, you will need a chain to make a biker wallet. The sole reason for this fact is that is really the only thing that distinguishes it from other wallets. Think about it. How would you differentiate a biker wallet from another without the chain.

There are two types of biker wallets. The long wallet and the short wallet. The short wallet looks just like any other wallet, aside from the designs. The long wallet looks a bit like the passport holders that many men carry while traveling. The purpose of this larger, longer wallet is told hold much more personal information. This comes in handy when you spend a large portion of your life riding the open road.

Looking to buy a biker wallet for yourself or a friend. Leather shops are your best bet at finding these types of mens accessories. These shops have a large variety of leather products and will most likely carry what it is that you are looking for.

If you are have some trouble buying a biker wallet at a brink and mortar establishment, you can try your luck online. There are millions upon millions of online retailers on the web selling everything from books to kitchen sinks. This makes your chances of find a great biker wallet very good.~

Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I feel so inadequate,I just have a money clip; must be a Haldol morning

The following users liked this post:
Tony P (09-06-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If it wasn't for the wallet biker, H-D would have went out of business, and we all be riding victory.

The following 4 users liked this post by Markk9:
Czracer (09-16-2023), Dozer40 (09-12-2023), Redlegvzv (09-06-2023), Tony P (09-06-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM
hagger
Banned

Oh yeah...the chain keeps one from loosing his wallet whilst riding. It has been known for a guys wallet to work it's way out of his back pocket. The chrome snaps keep it closed while it is hanging there by the chain & until the 'rider' discovers that this unfortunate event has occurred. Without a chain under these circumstances, it becomes necessary to retrace the path ridden, all the while keeping a sharp eye on the road for said wallet, not knowing if some lucky bastard has already found it & gone merrily on his way.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:31 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thank goodness i can afford to pay someone else to change the oil, tires, plugs, etc. on my bike. i get no pleasure from working on my bike. i do not even wash it very often...dealer does that when it is in for any type of service.
spent most of the year building our retirement home at the coast and only managed 20k this year. should have time for a lot more riding next year.
guess i will just keep reaching for my wallet to fill the tank and roll another couple of hundred miles--you non-wallet guys can stay at home and work on your bike(don't forget the lemon pledge). that way the roads will not be so crowded!

Tony P (09-06-2023)
Old 11-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Gunnerthedog
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I still have velcro on my wallet

Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If someone calls you that, punch them in the mouth and choke them unconscious. When they wake up, ask them to explain it to you.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 AM
hagger
Banned

Originally Posted by Gunnerthedog
I still have velcro on my wallet
Good one.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 AM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

I still don't understand why an oil change in a car is $40, bike $125. Somebody is getting screwed!!!!!!!

Czracer (09-16-2023)

Quick Reply: What is the term 'wallet biker'?