General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifing My Heritage Exhause

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
inspector126
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifing My Heritage Exhause

I forgot to explain a coulple of things in my first post. I want to make sure this is correct.

I have a 2010 Heritage. I put a true duel exhaust system on with my factory mufflers. Looks like hell. I want to put street glide mufflers on.

When I looked at the streetglide, the mufflers are connected to the underside of the luggage bags. So when you sit on the bike the mufflers go down also.

My concern is that on a heritage, would this concept work the same as a streetglide. I don't want to sit on the bike and something crack on the motor because the mufflers went down and something else didn't when I sat on the bike.

In order to support the exhaust end of the mufflers that I want to put on, it appears that if I make a bracket that would connect to the two bolts that hold on the luggage bags and the bracket would come down behind the bags that had a lip that would fasten to the mufflers this would work.

Will the mufflers and motor move as one with the frame when you sit on the bike the way it appears to do on the streetglide?

Is there anybody that disagrees with this theory and why?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by inspector126; 11-24-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Adding a couple of factors that could affect a response
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The angle of the mufflers is irrelevant so you can turn then on their sides to use existing brackets, if the end caps are shaped generally they can be removed and re-fitted in the correct aspect.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

By the time you get done jury-rigging those dual mufflers you could have bought, shipped and installed an aftermarket set. Vance & Hines as well as Samson has some good ones for the Heritage.
Good Luck hombre.