General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather Customer Service is a Joke!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Fox Creek Leather Customer Service is a Joke!

I know that other members have had good experiences dealing with these guys but everything that I have experienced with them so far has been awful.

My first order a month or so ago didn't go smoothly. I'm not going to get into it as it's a long story but I need to exchange a jacket for a different size. When sending the new one out I was told that I would be emailed a tracking number. 5 days later it never came so I called them to request this and again was told that they would email it. Nothing again. So I emailed them my request and never even received a reply. When I finally got my jacket the A-holes put the entire value of the jacket again forcing me to pay $60 in duty and taxes (I'm in Canada).

Bad service experience but after reading positive reviews I decided to give them another opportunity. My wife called them the other day to order a couple of items for me as an Xmas present. Well, a couple of days later she received a call from Customs explaining that the package is being held up while they assess taxes, etc. because Fox Creek declared the value of the goods as $3,800 (actual value is around $250)! Because of that it raised flags with customs. Long story short, after calling Fox Creek they want my wife to fax some forms to customs and the shipping company. This was THEIR error yet they want my wife to do all the running around. She spent the next couple of hours making phone calls between Fox Creek, customs and the shipping company. At this point I told her to call Fox Creek and let them deal with all of this mess since it's their fault. If they don't want to take accountability then we'll cancel the order and go elsewhere as they're not the only game in town!

Just needed to vent!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM
BKSinAZ
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Your story is opposite of mine. About a month ago, I ordered a jacket. I was given a tracking on this original shipment. When I got the jacket, it was too small. I called FC and they told me that they are sending out a larger size on the honor role system. They sent out the second jacket and I also received a tracking number for this shipment as well. They did not insist I send them the original jacket back first.... they have been pretty darn good.

As far as you not receiving a tracking number, perhaps some of your email is being sent to your spam box,

Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM
HKWildHog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have to say the two times I ordered from FC the service was awesome. I too ordered a jacket that was too small and they sent out the next size up right away on the honor system. Good luck, hope things get worked out.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Pistonman1
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep, me too, swapped on the honor system . I think FC jackets run small.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

They sent out four jackets from which the wife and I select two. We received the jackets in two days. They paid the shipping out and we paid for the return leg. It was over and done with super fast.

Bummer dude. Right or wrong, customs suck no matter what and I bet they're not terribly experienced with dealing with it.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM
GinsengSullivan
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Give Schott Leather a try. Nothing but top quality jackets and 1st class "small company" type customer service. My wife and I have had their jackets since 1980 will never buy another jacket.

http://www.schottnyc.com/

Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain

One of the reasons why I went to Fox Creek in the first place was because of all the great service I heard about. I'm sorry that I never got to experience that.

Well, if this order doesn't get through customs soon we're gonna just send it back and go elsewhere. You'd figure that Fox would take care of this problem since it was their error that led to it in the first place.

Appreciate the replies.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Fox Creek is not the first company to have problems with Canadian Customs. Sorry about your experience with FC but their quality is #1 and in most cases their service is too. Give them a chance to make all this right. They really are good people.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 492 Likes on 289 Posts

Fox Creek is a stellar, customer service oriented company (not too many left out there) and have ALWAYS gone the extra mile. Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. You are definitely in the minority if you've experienced anything less than excellence from them.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain

The problem wasn't just with customs. During all of this the person at Fox Creek wasn't at all apologetic for the error.
But she did call a little while ago with an update and for the first time apologized for the inconvenience. We'll see how it goes from here.

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather Customer Service is a Joke!