General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather Customer Service is a Joke!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,736 Likes on 22,729 Posts

Maybe a good leather company focusing on biker attire would be a good biz to get into the Great White North?

Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Budmiester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No company has 100% customer satisfaction. Even 99% is considered great. Sucks that this time your the 1%er.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
Just to clarify, I wasn't asking them to lie for me. I was exchanging a jacket of lesser value so should have only paid taxes and duty on the difference rather than the full value of the new jacket.
shoulda mentioned that in the op.

hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
I know that other members have had good experiences dealing with these guys but everything that I have experienced with them so far has been awful.

My first order a month or so ago didn't go smoothly. I'm not going to get into it as it's a long story but I need to exchange a jacket for a different size. When sending the new one out I was told that I would be emailed a tracking number. 5 days later it never came so I called them to request this and again was told that they would email it. Nothing again. So I emailed them my request and never even received a reply. When I finally got my jacket the A-holes put the entire value of the jacket again forcing me to pay $60 in duty and taxes (I'm in Canada).

Bad service experience but after reading positive reviews I decided to give them another opportunity. My wife called them the other day to order a couple of items for me as an Xmas present. Well, a couple of days later she received a call from Customs explaining that the package is being held up while they assess taxes, etc. because Fox Creek declared the value of the goods as $3,800 (actual value is around $250)! Because of that it raised flags with customs. Long story short, after calling Fox Creek they want my wife to fax some forms to customs and the shipping company. This was THEIR error yet they want my wife to do all the running around. She spent the next couple of hours making phone calls between Fox Creek, customs and the shipping company. At this point I told her to call Fox Creek and let them deal with all of this mess since it's their fault. If they don't want to take accountability then we'll cancel the order and go elsewhere as they're not the only game in to

Just needed to vent!
For me Lanlitz only.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Maybe don't do business with American companies if customs is such a problem. When I am selling personal items...I never ship outside the US because of the customs bs. No leather jackets in Canada?

Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM
MikeK02048
Cruiser

I bought some leather chaps for my wife from FC. My wife is kinda short so she had to have some custom made. The FC folks were extremely helpful. And the quality of the chaps was tops. I understand the OP had a bad experience. Perhaps this had something to do with the complexity of dealing across an international border. But I have nothing but good things to say about FC and I would definitely do business with them again.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Ben E
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

great products and excellent custormer service in my experience. 2 jackets, gloves, etc.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

This has nothing to do with customs, it's how FC handled the error that they made. Rather than dealing with customs themselves to get this sorted out and keep the customer happy they had my wife make calls and fax paperwork to get THEIR error corrected.

I'm always buying stuff from the US. You guys often have better prices and better variety. In this case I wanted a quality American made jacket that's why I went to FC. I'm happy with the actual product but dis-satisfied with the service. After this order is received I'm unlikely to buy from them again.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Johnny K
Cruiser

I wonder how much Canadian business (or international business in general) a small outfit like FC does. I can imagine it's quite a hassle to keep track of all the different customs rules and laws.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Greg T
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKSinAZ
Your story is opposite of mine. About a month ago, I ordered a jacket. I was given a tracking on this original shipment. When I got the jacket, it was too small. I called FC and they told me that they are sending out a larger size on the honor role system. They sent out the second jacket and I also received a tracking number for this shipment as well. They did not insist I send them the original jacket back first.... they have been pretty darn good.

As far as you not receiving a tracking number, perhaps some of your email is being sent to your spam box,
+1 This is exactly how FC treated me with the use of the Honor system and free postage on the second jacket. I will do business with them in the future.

Best

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather Customer Service is a Joke!