General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JP Cycles....NEVER AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:23 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Another "WTF?" reply to this.

J&P is infrequently the cheapest place to get stuff, I'll give you that.

BUT.......

I have got lots of stuff from them. Their selection is probably the best of any of these types of vendors. Love the catalogs (which are always free), they have been in business for a LONG @SS time, always prompt/easy returns, and they are a sponsor here. I could probably go on and on with other good-stuff about them, but that's what comes to mind.

I don't mind paying a premium to keep good people in business, there is more to doing business with someone than price.

That said, I've been a Gold Club member for a few years now. That gets me 15% stuff pretty much all the time and (for me) pays for itself. They just sent out their Black Friday email which gives another 15% off. I got a bunch of Gerbing heated gear that I've been wanting for a very reasonable price. I got the jacket liner, glove liners, dual temp controller, and some wiring accys for about $350.

To me, it's worth it to know that they are around, will continue to be around, won't give me a hassle if I need to send something back, and are supporting the American economy and biker community.

I don't buy everything there, but I do buy some of my stuff there. Never had an issue or problem.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
2wheelg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

j&p been good to me,nice funnel

Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 PM
dcoon24
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always had great service from them even when I have returned something

Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Dennis Kirk is where I go, used them for Yrs now and love them...

Old 11-21-2012, 08:04 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,318 Likes on 3,175 Posts

J&P cycle should copy all this praise for their site. LOL

Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I've never had a problem, then again I've never ordered from them. Looks like I may try it someday judging by the feedback.

Well played J&P, well played.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Tom Hudson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _Gir_
I've never had a problem, then again I've never ordered from them. Looks like I may try it someday judging by the feedback.

Well played J&P, well played.
I keep their catalog on my desk - I don't bother comparing prices anymore I just order from J&P - Without question the best service in the business. If they are a couple bucks higher then someone else so be it - again - the service can't be beat - As you can see from the feedback - I don't know any vendor that would rate higher!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM
sjef
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Amazing how you can go online, trash someone's business without anything to back it up. Except this time it backfired. Nothing but good feedback for the business the OP trashed. Maybe he works for J&P and this is a new advertising scheme.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

In Daytona for Octoberfest last month my friend's Dyna needed a new battery, we went over to J & P where he bought a new one but he didn't have the tools to fit it, no problem says the sales guy, take it round the back and they'll lend you whatever you need. Which is just what they did even though they were really busy. Great service in the store and good service techs for loaning out their tools.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
In Daytona for Octoberfest last month my friend's Dyna needed a new battery, we went over to J & P where he bought a new one but he didn't have the tools to fit it, no problem says the sales guy, take it round the back and they'll lend you whatever you need. Which is just what they did even though they were really busy. Great service in the store and good service techs for loaning out their tools.
That store really was busy at Trailertoberfest, I had a look around but no one would talk to me because I rode down.

Quick Reply: JP Cycles....NEVER AGAIN