General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silly questions or Funny things said?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silly questions or Funny things said?

So what are some of the funny things people have asked you when you ride? Or Crafty things you have said to others?

I'll go first,
I pulled up to a blockbuster all leathered up before a rideand was diggin around in the saddlebags for a movie and aguy walks up and goes "Is that your bike?" I told him "Nah, I'm just stocking this guys smokes up..."

Nother time I walk into a Diner with several budies after riding all day, we are covered in mud, bugs, dirt and leather. The waitress askes me "So did you all ride today?" No lady we jsut stopped bathing weeks ago.....

And the best one, I'm in a circuit city and this worker has been following me around the store for like 15 minutes, yep I was being profiled... So I turned to him and said "Dude, I can't steal **** with you looking over my shoulder, could you go away for a few minutes?"

That last one is pretty common here, our Circuit City is kinda anti biker.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:29 PM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Silly questions or Funny things said?

Good thing you replied to people with a sense of humor. Saying that stuff to the wrong guy could be a problem

Old 01-31-2007, 02:49 PM
vegashd
Banned

It never ceases to amaze me the dumb questions I get asked sometimes.

Is that your bike?

Or the best one yet is when I wear a Bears Jersey or Bears hat...... "DO you like the Bears?" no dumb A$$ I am a packers fan in disguise

Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My favorite is meeting people who eventually find out that I have a Harley and reply "You don't look like you ride a Harley." Sorry bud, I guess I've been doing something wrong for the last 25+ years and I apologize that I have not "looked the part", I'll try to do better in the future.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

"what do you do when it rains?"

I get wet.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain

My father-in-law, (who's 78 yrs. old & doesn't like me cause I'm just a simple factory worker), came over awhile back, & saw my bike in the garage. He asked "are you riding a motorcycle now"? Not to be rude, I simply answered "yep". He said "you know those things are dangerous", to which I replied, "no, what's dangerous is old people driving cars". That was pretty much the end of the conversation. LOL.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:54 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

a female cousin of mine is fairly new to the harley culture and she tries hard. i saw her and her husband at a motorcycle event and i had my rat shovel there. she wanted to go look at it so we walked over to it and she asked "is that a panhandle"? i said "no, it's a shovelhandle".

Old 01-31-2007, 05:06 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

Every once in a while someone will see me ride up, check out my bike, and ask, "Nice. Is that your bike?" Bear in mind that i'm moving my head slowly from side to side as if to see who might be listening in as I say, "Why? Are you a cop?" This is usually good for a solid laugh once their initial daze wears off.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bagga

a female cousin of mine is fairly new to the harley culture and she tries hard. i saw her and her husband at a motorcycle event and i had my rat shovel there. she wanted to go look at it so we walked over to it and she asked "is that a panhandle"? i said "no, it's a shovelhandle".

Thats the funniest damn thing ive heard.[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a Porsche Speedster replica and people always asked is that a kit or did you build it yourself?

Quick Reply: Silly questions or Funny things said?