General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:38 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

some of you photochoppers make us a logo

Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MAchonewon

There are some pretty fine custom bikes in my hood. Along with fine women and fine cars.
Can I hang around your hood[sm=hiya.gif]

MAchonewon, there are a lot of phrases that get thrown around here by people that have probably seen Easy Rider one too many times. I know it's not easy, but take the comments and the threadsfor what they're worth....not much.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: HDWG

I have not made it to RUBDUM yet...HC and I together are close to 100K a year but, HAVE alittle debt we are paying every month which we are slowly knocking away.We have our kids, and bikes and that is all we do..LOTS OF KID STUFF but, LOTS OF RIDING TOO! Get around 10,000 miles a year....work hard for what we have. Now if some money dropped into our laps...at least enough to get rid of the debt......We would just ride more!!
I'm with ya Sean. Wish I could figger out how to make a living riding the bike Since I'm self employed every month it's either feast or famine. But we are slowly starting to pull ahead. Youngest kid is getting married in June, I'm going to saw off his end of the table! Yee Haw empty nest at last!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

TexasHarleyGuy2007:
People around here almost use the term (no, not almost; they do) RUB in the derogatory. As if we are supposed to feel bad about our successes, unwelcomed, or not an earnest part of the biker community. I obviously can't speak for anyone else. But I'll tell you what. Like so many of you, there's not a lazy bone in my body and I work damn hard for my money. People should respect one another and not give a **** how they got their ticket punched to enter this party. The fact of the matter is they are here. Whetheryou paid foryour scoot with $100's in cash or took out a 7 year loan. It bears no difference. Whether you wear a suit and tie to work, jeans and a hardhat, or maybe are down on your luck at the moment. Again, it bears no difference. You're still part of this brotherhood as far as I'm concerned. I will always respectyou until such time thatyou give me a reason not to. Unfortunately, there are those out there within the biker community who do not feel the same as it relates to individuals they term as being RUB's.

Well said TexasHarleyguy2007,I don't think it's ever been said better than that.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just am ready for them to be alone at home alittle more....Riding time will greatly increase
ORIGINAL: flakdog

ORIGINAL: HDWG

I have not made it to RUBDUM yet...HC and I together are close to 100K a year but, HAVE alittle debt we are paying every month which we are slowly knocking away.We have our kids, and bikes and that is all we do..LOTS OF KID STUFF but, LOTS OF RIDING TOO! Get around 10,000 miles a year....work hard for what we have. Now if some money dropped into our laps...at least enough to get rid of the debt......We would just ride more!!
I'm with ya Sean. Wish I could figger out how to make a living riding the bike Since I'm self employed every month it's either feast or famine. But we are slowly starting to pull ahead. Youngest kid is getting married in June, I'm going to saw off his end of the table! Yee Haw empty nest at last!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 AM
sjcope13
Tourer

I am right there with you. I was going to leave this site and go elsewhere and I will tell you why. I posted a thread in the tech section about my Bob getting all jacked up by the dealership. The dyno'ed my bike and screwed it up bad. Well I post my dyno sheet and other things and a "Harley Veteran" comes back and tells me it's my own fault that I didn't tell them what to do. I thought that is what they get paid to do. I worked hard all my life, served in the Army 8 years, now work for the feds. I have money and I don't have the knowledge of how to install a SERT, Stage 1, so I pay them to do it, expecting they will do it right. Oh yeah I was told to learn how to do it myself. Whatever, I will pay someone to do it.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: sjcope13

I am right there with you. I was going to leave this site and go elsewhere and I will tell you why. I posted a thread in the tech section about my Bob getting all jacked up by the dealership. The dyno'ed my bike and screwed it up bad. Well I post my dyno sheet and other things and a "Harley Veteran" comes back and tells me it's my own fault that I didn't tell them what to do. I thought that is what they get paid to do. I worked hard all my life, served in the Army 8 years, now work for the feds. I have money and I don't have the knowledge of how to install a SERT, Stage 1, so I pay them to do it, expecting they will do it right. Oh yeah I was told to learn how to do it myself. Whatever, I will pay someone to do it.
Dude, if that's your reason for contemplating leaving this site - DON'T! Stick around. I'm relatively new here and can tell you that - as with any online community - there will ALWAYS be those who have nothing better to do than to bash others unnecessarily. Don't let them get the best of you, stand your ground, state your case, and to hell with 'em.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:11 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No reason to leave!! 20,000 plus members ain't going to get along with them all
ORIGINAL: sjcope13

Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

ORIGINAL: shooter64

AMEN MOUNTAIN......I am gonna borrow that if you dont mind.
Go right ahead!!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't think the person attacked you on purpose. He may have just been frustrated. The info you can get from this guy is invaluable here. Just take it with a grain of salt and keep on going. There is a ton of info here on the forum.

Quick Reply: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB