General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

I sure hope so, we don't need no rable rouseing around here[sm=nono.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-30-2007, 11:03 PM
bh73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:06 PM
69Shark
Tourer

I hear ya! I too have toys. Some toy groups do not play well with others and look down on you because you have a life outside of the(insertgroup here). Go figure. I missed the rich part but I do not hesitate to purchase what satisfies me or my family!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
69Shark
Tourer

OK, the signature is getting closer . . . . . .

Old 01-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess I missed some slander on RUBS. Dude, all OK with me. I make over 120K a year, own a new H-D and anything else I want, live in regular old urban America, nice car, truck, 5 dogs, boat, etc. Compaired to someone less fortunate who might own a Harley, yep, most of us on this forum are RUBS! Dave

Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not made it to RUBDUM yet...HC and I together are close to 100K a year but, HAVE alittle debt we are paying every month which we are slowly knocking away.We have our kids, and bikes and that is all we do..LOTS OF KID STUFF but, LOTS OF RIDING TOO! Get around 10,000 miles a year....work hard for what we have. Now if some money dropped into our laps...at least enough to get rid of the debt......We would just ride more!!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: MAchonewon

I have met the frienliest people riding my bike. All wlaks of life, but there seems to be some who put other s down because they work hard for a living and have been successful at it. Face it lots of bike riders do it for a hobby. They may also water, snow ski, fish, hunt, shoot skeet, and pool. I am not a wise a$$ but I am going to say what I feel and if this post is my last adios.

I was reading the thread Do you wear HD apparel and I said crap. So you ride 20,000 miles a year good for you.That makes you a high mileage biker. If you sleep inbed with a roof over your head and wash your a$$ on a regular basis you too may be a RUB.

I'm a RUB because I ride my bike when I can. I work most days 10 -12 hours a day "for the man." My first job in the oilfield was digging a hole 8' x 8' x 3' with a pick and shovel. I don't do that anymore.

I don't ride my bike in the rain, sleet, snow, and when its hot as hell. I have owned a bike since 1972. I live in the hood all be it behind a locked gate. There are some pretty fine custom bikes in my hood. Along with fine women and fine cars. I wear Harley ball caps (not ado merag) tee shirts, and boots. I bought my blue jean jacket at WalMart along with my Wranglers and I didn't screwup my $100.00 vest sewing I've been every where man patches on it.

There seems to be a lot of people who try to build themselves up by putting others down. In corporate America this person is called a defective personality and the only way you correct that is fire his a$$.Just because you log more mile than me, and do whatever to your body and clothes don't make you anymore a biker than I am. If you have a SSN and work for a living then helloyou might be a RUBETTE.

I'm an Army Veteran, hard working SOB, and I spend my money on what I want when I want and if this forum don't like that then guess what? You betcha shady side down that's where it is.
R - I really like this post on a multitude of levels. By all accounts, I too, might be described as a RUB by many. Am I rich? According to some, perhaps. According to others, maybe not? Since the age of 12, I can't ever recall not doing something to earn some coin; be it a paper route, stocking shelves at a grocery store, mowing lawns, roofing houses, you name it. I put myself through college sans any student loans whatsoever. I've worked my *** off building a company that I've owned now for the better part of two decades employing quite a few individuals throughout 5 states. I somewhat resent the fact that there are those 'bikers' who are bent on making me feel guilty for my successes. As if I don't belong or are not worthy to be in their presence just because they feel I haven't 'struggled enough' by their own sense of self comparison.

U - Am I urban? My home sits on3 acres in what is now considered to be 'central Austin; pretty much a stones throw from the state capital downtown'. When I bought the property, it was just considered to be old West Austin. So yeah, I'm urban in that I live in the city. Does this somehow strike against me because I'm not out in the sticks, cookin' my dinner on a campfire, and laying my head to rest every night in a tent? Because this is what some 'bikers' would lead you to believe is how one 'should' live if they are to truly call themselves a 'biker'.

B - Am I a biker? By my definition, yes I am. I grew up around bikes. My father had Harleys. My brothers have all had Harleys. Two of my cousins have been custom building bikes since way before 'custom building' was considered to be the 'in thing'. Hell, my sister even rode a Sporty there for a while. I owned my first Harley at the age of 15; an AMF Sportster with the gears/brakes positioned on the opposite side of the bike as opposed to how they are now. Loved that bike but I do recall t

Old 01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

LET'S GO RUB CLUBBERS!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in! I'm in! Can we have our own patches made? "RUB and PROUD" LOL

Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Radical
Tourer

I don't know what a "Rub" is and don't care. I could give a rat's hind end where you've been or where you're going but I do care that if we meet we give mutual respect to each other. I've saved for everything I have in life and owe no one, working hard to achieve it. It's my life and I'll live it how I want and suffer or celebrate the consequencesof my decisions...simple as that. Someone doesn't like it...I don't care.

Quick Reply: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB