General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

I have met the frienliest people riding my bike. All wlaks of life, but there seems to be some who put other s down because they work hard for a living and have been successful at it. Face it lots of bike riders do it for a hobby. They may also water, snow ski, fish, hunt, shoot skeet, and pool. I am not a wise a$$ but I am going to say what I feel and if this post is my last adios.

I was reading the thread Do you wear HD apparel and I said crap. So you ride 20,000 miles a year good for you.That makes you a high mileage biker. If you sleep inbed with a roof over your head and wash your a$$ on a regular basis you too may be a RUB.

I'm a RUB because I ride my bike when I can. I work most days 10 -12 hours a day "for the man." My first job in the oilfield was digging a hole 8' x 8' x 3' with a pick and shovel. I don't do that anymore.

I don't ride my bike in the rain, sleet, snow, and when its hot as hell. I have owned a bike since 1972. I live in the hood all be it behind a locked gate. There are some pretty fine custom bikes in my hood. Along with fine women and fine cars. I wear Harley ball caps (not ado merag) tee shirts, and boots. I bought my blue jean jacket at WalMart along with my Wranglers and I didn't screwup my $100.00 vest sewing I've been every where man patches on it.

There seems to be a lot of people who try to build themselves up by putting others down. In corporate America this person is called a defective personality and the only way you correct that is fire his a$$.Just because you log more mile than me, and do whatever to your body and clothes don't make you anymore a biker than I am. If you have a SSN and work for a living then helloyou might be a RUBETTE.

I'm an Army Veteran, hard working SOB, and I spend my money on what I want when I want and if this forum don't like that then guess what? You betcha shady side down that's where it is.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain
Default RE: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

ORIGINAL: MAchonewon

I have met the frienliest people riding my bike. All wlaks of life, but there seems to be some who put other s down because they work hard for a living and have been successful at it. Face it lots of bike riders do it for a hobby. They may also water, snow ski, fish, hunt, shoot skeet, and pool. I am not a wise a$$ but I am going to say what I feel and if this post is my last adios.

I was reading the thread Do you wear HD apparel and I said crap. So you ride 20,000 miles a year good for you.That makes you a high mileage biker. If you sleep inbed with a roof over your head and wash your a$$ on a regular basis you too may be a RUB.

I'm a RUB because I ride my bike when I can. I work most days 10 -12 hours a day "for the man." My first job in the oilfield was digging a hole 8' x 8' x 3' with a pick and shovel. I don't do that anymore.

I don't ride my bike in the rain, sleet, snow, and when its hot as hell. I have owned a bike since 1972. I live in the hood all be it behind a locked gate. There are some pretty fine custom bikes in my hood. Along with fine women and fine cars. I wear Harley ball caps (not ado merag) tee shirts, and boots. I bought my blue jean jacket at WalMart along with my Wranglers and I didn't screwup my $100.00 vest sewing I've been every where man patches on it.

There seems to be a lot of people who try to build themselves up by putting others down. In corporate America this person is called a defective personality and the only way you correct that is fire his a$$.Just because you log more mile than me, and do whatever to your body and clothes don't make you anymore a biker than I am. If you have a SSN and work for a living then helloyou might be a RUBETTE.

I'm an Army Veteran, hard working SOB, and I spend my money on what I want when I want and if this forum don't like that then guess what? You betcha shady side down that's where it is.
I'm with you there. I don't give a flipwhere you have been or where you are going because if I see you now, we've all caught up to each other anyway.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride on Bro, enjoy the ride

Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

WHAT? You mean you make a lot of money!!! Oh No no no. You cant consider yourself a biker. I live on the highway 24 hours a day. I ride 1000,000 miles a year, and havent showered since 1995. If you live in anything nicer than a tent you shouldn't own a HD. I once b!#ch slapped my old lady for complaining about riding on the fender! I said "he!!, b!#ch, I have ridden on the battery my whole life, so stop your gripin'! LOL

I hear Ya brother. If you didn't finance it, you aren't cool!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard work is good for us

Old 01-30-2007, 10:42 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

I was telling Bryan TTM that we ought to start a "RUB CLUB", cause I am with you, I got more work to do than I know what to do with most of the time, but you know, when I want something I buy it, I work hard, most days 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week, and as a multiple business owner, I never really get away from it, but I chose not live check to check, I chose to bust my *** for a better life, so if that makes me a RUB then so be it, cause I wouldnt have it any other way.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

ORIGINAL: MAchonewon

I'm with ya, I worked my a$$ off to get where I am and to have my toys, if others cant handle that, theres my favorite saying..."Your opinion has no effect on my life, SO F$#K OFF!!"

Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

AMEN MOUNTAIN......I am gonna borrow that if you dont mind.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=popcorn.gif] OK, so now you feel better?[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

I feel better now thanks to all of you for your support. [sm=biker2.gif]