General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB

It seems some are always looking to criticize and pull people out as RUB's. First in reality I think most of us are CUB's in financial terms (Comfortable). I'm R in that I have a lovely family, friends, my health and my Harley. I believe that we are all B's if we love riding. As long at you are passionate about riding, I couldn't care if you've got 4 cents or 4 billion.

Those who try to make a good living for wife and family and ride a little less? Doesn't mean we love riding less, we got other 'spsibilities.

I just think we need to do less yappin' and more ridin'. Too much g-damn PMS in the winter (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)...

Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this all?? no more to come? damn I figered this was good for a couple more pages[sm=popcorn.gif]Well I know this is really pisses me off, I just had to write a damn check to the US Treasury for $572.00 in taxes..that sucks, I only make a little over $32,000 a year now that I'm retired..there goes my trip to Fl.[sm=boohoo.gif]Wait, I forgot, we got a couple bags of pop bottles in the basement for just such emergencys.[sm=TY.gif]Somebody asked if C.O.B.B. was a exclusive club, no sir, its a society for those that have crashed and lived and didn't giveup and are rideing again lot of usout there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/9DCAF7E95DF242C19E25301EB38D9456.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2007, 06:11 PM
jimbo21165
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to crawl up on a barstool beside Denim and Bear.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:12 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

There is some really good reading on this thread,
I hope it never dies!

I like to see everyones veiw points,they are all very interesting!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM
UnkleKronik
Road Captain

couple of more pages??

done deal....bear is a RUB!! lol

j/k

Old 01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
badherb
Road Captain

I'm glad you clarified which closet you came out of!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I want the R in rub to be me, but I am not there yet. I guess I am a PUB...

Old 01-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: jandlcars

[sm=thanx.gif]I just rambel on with no /.,';:"? 60'S hard times just didn't
learn had toworked to support bad habbits
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]LOL. Here, I got some extras, you can have'm!

?,:!.; not to mention ......... and "'" and let's not forget -

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 01-31-2007, 07:38 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: camarotuner

"If you were to win 3 million dollars in the lottery, would you take the money or refuse it? If you took it (because nobody is stupid enough not to) would you buy some goodies with it. A new bike, house, garage, vacation etc.?

I think we already know your answer...Therefore your entire post above is total BS! Come on now...be honest...you already know it's BS! "

Well, first you tell me you think I'm honest enough to answer truthfully, then you tell me I'm full of ****. So I'm not sure how you'll take my answer.

I'd finish my damned backpiece. This has turned into one massive time consuming expensive tattoo, which I expected. But I'm just at the point where I want it DONE already.

Need some new tires, I'd buy myself some.

I already have a house I like, car I like, bike I like.

Want to know what I'd really do? I got a niece and nephew. They'd be getting 250,000 dollar trust funds to get em through college. I'd pay to have my mother in a nice retirement home where she'd be taken care of better than I can take care of her. I'd send my inlaws on some nice vacation because they've helped alot over the years and they deserve it. I'd buy my wife that nice bike Daytona edition truck she wants. Buy my sister and brother in law new cars because they need em. Hell after that there won't be much left. Probably blow it on tools and strippers.

See I don't really give a crap what happens to me. Since about age 15 I found out I'm not living till retirement or a very long life. Frankly, I don't care. So the money is irrelevant. I care about my family my friends and that's it. I got what I want in this world and I don't need much else. I get by the way I do because I CHOOSE to, not because I half to. I'm intelligent enough tobe successful at whatever I want to. I choose to spend my life around cars and bikes. It won't make me rich, but it sure as hell will make whatever time I have in this life worth living.

So if you think your life's worth living only if you acquire large amounts of cash and material goods and anyone who thinks differently or expresses different opinions is full of BS. Then your just a sad little man and not worth the time it took to type this reply.
On the contrary. If you think that anyone who has anything is somehow a second class citizen, then it is you that has the problem. You said you would take the lottery money and buy a truck for your wife, help your family, get more tattoos, new tires and spend the rest on tools. Newsflash, most of those qualify as "material things"! You spend your money on cars and tattoos--I spend mine on my house. Are you then better than me in some way? I could turn your entire original post around on you and substitute the words "mansion". "Mercedes" etc. with "tattoos", "tools," "tires" etc and say that you are the one that is silly for spending you money on such things.

Also,when didIsay that my life is only worth livingif I "acquire large amounts of cash and material goods"? As I told you, I have seen life from both sides, I have great kids, a great marriage, strong faith, and an amazing extended family. I help my family andI give to charity both in time and money.I am the same as Iwas when I made $5 per hour, butI would rather not go back to that. I could if I had to, butI worked hard to get where I am and I earned it!Who are you to call me a "sad little man"? I suggest that you stopbeing envious of anyone with some direction to theirlife. Foryou to denigrate people who have made something ofthemselves as you did in your original post tells me that you are not truly happy where you are in your life.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to crawl up on a barstool beside Denim and Bear.
Jimbo, as long as you don't want to crawl up in my bed, I'm in![:'(][:'(][:'(]

Quick Reply: I'm coming out of the closet I'm a RUB