General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loading a Kendon trailer

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I used my Kendon several times , always afraid the bike would fall and it could have . Sold the Kendon and bought a Alumalite , never owned a better trailer , did not like the Kendon at all , hard to load and hard to unload .

Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM
kpb46
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
I did something similar to my single rail Kendon. Put a manual winch on a square tube post above the height of the bike fender, the wife cranks the bike up and I walk it up the ramp into the channel and the chock. Very easy and quick process. Less than $80 with a shop doing the work.
Ya Kendon sells something similar to what you have with an electric winch. But comparing what they want and what you paid, you could do three trailers. Their stuff is pricey

Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by bulkman2008
I used my Kendon several times , always afraid the bike would fall and it could have . Sold the Kendon and bought a Alumalite , never owned a better trailer , did not like the Kendon at all , hard to load and hard to unload .
I agree Aluma makes a sweet trailer (even one that folds up). R&R makes one just like it (100% aluminium). I was looking at both but found this one (Kendon) for a price I couldn't pass up. I'm going to try it for a trip to Fla and then decide whether to keep or sell. I really want one of the R&R's but retired, fixed income, you know the drill..Ride safe

Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

I also found a used older Kendon. I only need a trailer once or twice a year for a bike, the rest of the time it sits patiently in my garage. Because it's an older trailer it only had the 8" metal channel for a 'ramp'. No way could I put my feet down once the front wheel was half way up the ramp. I bought an aluminum ramp that is wide enough for my feet. Plus, if I have two bikes on the trailer the ramp will fit between them for storage.
Before:

After:

Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,019 Likes on 17,916 Posts

I sorry guys there's just something so wrong with a full boat bagger on trailer unless it can't move under it's own power ..............................

Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I sorry guys there's just something so wrong with a full boat bagger on trailer unless it can't move under it's own power ..............................
There are many reasons why someone would find a trailer necessary. Just because you don't know them, doesn't make it wrong. I see, and read, many things on here that I don't understand or agree with, but I don't feel it's necessary for me to tell the people that it's wrong.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by duecedog
There are many reasons why someone would find a trailer necessary. Just because you don't know them, doesn't make it wrong. I see, and read, many things on here that I don't understand or agree with, but I don't feel it's necessary for me to tell the people that it's wrong.
Easy for TwiZted Biker to be such a hard core biker, living in Calif. I wonder how he would get his bike to Fla if he lived in Northern Mich in Dec. Or worst yet NJ after what you guys are going thru.

Duece, nice job on the trailer. Makes me a little jealous. I went thru Charlie in 04 and I feel your pain. Prayers for all the folks on the East coast that are affected.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,019 Likes on 17,916 Posts

Originally Posted by kpb46
Easy for TwiZted Biker to be such a hard core biker, living in Calif. I wonder how he would get his bike to Fla if he lived in Northern Mich in Dec. Or worst yet NJ after what you guys are going thru.

Duece, nice job on the trailer. Makes me a little jealous. I went thru Charlie in 04 and I feel your pain. Prayers for all the folks on the East coast that are affected.
Haven't always lived in Cal. Spent many years back east & in the midwest wandering around . If I wanted the bike somewhere I rode it . Like I said it's just me , I come from a bit different breed than today's riders is all I don't have to have half the house with me when I go somewhere .

Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense, but I couldn't care less what someone thinks about my using a trailer.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by barjbar
No offense, but I couldn't care less what someone thinks about my using a trailer.
You read my mind