General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

Biker rule #1 – Don’t ever touch nor sit on another man’s scoot without first asking permission!

Yesterday evening, I was out and about running a few errands and the like. I stopped off at a convenience store to fill the tank before heading home. Unfortunately, and as is the case more often than not these days, there were a few guys lurking about the front of the store just hanging out (for want of a better term). No big deal, really. With one eye on my surroundings, I went about my business and commenced to getting my gas.

Round about this time, a guy rolled in on what appeared to be a brand spanking new Road King. Nice bike. He got off his horse and went into a store adjacent the convenience store; parking off to the side a bit. After he left (was out of sight), two of the guys lurking about the store began taking a closer look at this guy’s bike. Doing the usual walk around, checking this out and checking that out. I’m still pumping gas all the while checking out what’s going on with this guy’s bike. It was one of those situations whereby you just sensed something wasn’t quite going to go too well.

Sure enough, one of the guys actually has ***** enough to straddle this guy’s horse. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. I finish up pumping my gas, grab my receipt, and make my way towards the store. As I approached these guys, I told them, “Dude, that’s not cool sitting on that guy’s bike like that. He probably wouldn’t be too happy about it.” One of them started in on me; asking me if I was telling him to get off the bike? I told him that I wasn’t telling him a damn thing; merely offering a suggestion is all. At that point, I went into the store to buy a soda. Looking outside, they were still around this guy’s bike and the same guy was still sitting on it.

I got to thinking about this; should I or shouldn’t I? I exited the store, got into my vehicle, and pulled out of the parking lot some 50 yards away. I then walked on over to the store where I saw the owner of the bike venture into. I located the guy and told him that he might want to handle a situation going on with his scoot outside. This guy was……well……how shall I say this……..SCARED? I could tell by his initial reaction to my news that he was not interested in any form of confrontation or what have you. I told him to chill, that these guys were nothing but punks, and that I’d go out there with him if he wantedjust in case someone got stupid.

Nothing happened. As soon as they see the two of us headed their way, they take off. Gutless bastards. By the way the guy reacted; you would have thought I saved his life or something.

So my question to the lot is: "If you see someone messing around with another’s scoot (and you know who or where the owner is), do you get involved or do you make like a banana and split?"

[font="times new roman"][size=4]NOTE: NO, I don’t think I’m some John Wayne badass (as some of you might try to accuse me of by what I did). And NO, I don't need to hear how stupid you guys think I was by approaching the guys (getting involved), yadda yadda yadda. I am, however, no stranger to conflict, done a

Old 01-30-2007, 01:21 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior
Default RE: Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

I would have done pretty much the same as you. Find the owner, let him know, and stand by with him if he wants.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:26 PM
flstfjeff
Tourer

Yes,you did the right thing.No"John Wayne" here either,but,a fellow rider would not stand alone ifI were there.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:26 PM
dowhat
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have done the same,.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
firestarter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto. I would want to know if someone was on my scoot without my knowledge.

ORIGINAL: CHEESE

I would have done pretty much the same as you. Find the owner, let him know, and stand by with him if he wants.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,055 Likes on 4,214 Posts

What you did and the sequence waspretty good IMO. One way or another I'll try and find the owner and give the sinners a clue as to that no-no. There are 225,000 CCW permits in TX, so you gotta be careful in case some fruitcake does (or doesn't!) have one.

GUD4U!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Airdale
Advanced

I usually mind my own biz,unless I know the person who's bike it is.Like when the kid says, are you telling me to get off,if you know the owner you can say YEAH! If you don't..........That is the most disrespectful,ballsy thing I've heard of lately!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:29 PM
rvisdew
Road Master

Nicely done ... I hope i would do the same ... [&:]

Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with ya 100%, I would have done the same thing. Sitting or messing with someone's scoot without persmission ranks up there with messing with their wife/gf. I just can't believe the ***** some people have nowadays. You wouldn't have seen that 10-15 yrs ago unless the guys doing the messing were actually looking to start something. Job Well done man....
I would honestly hope that if I were in that guys shoes a fellow biker would do the same for me also.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have done the same, and I am no John Wayne, However I would do the same as you,and would expect the same from a fellow Biker

Quick Reply: Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!