General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Gerard
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

That's why I arm my security alarm everytime I leave my bike. The alarm would chased them away I'm sure.
They may have just been admiring his bike but you never know. I have had my alarm go off several times at work from fellow employees thinking a bike is fair game to sit on. I compare it to someone sitting in someones open convertible without permission......not cool.
I would have handled the situation the same as you did. Notify the owner and stick around to help a fellow biker if needed.

Denbo
Tourer

You did the right thing,us bikers are a brotherhood and we should stick together and protect our own and their property.

barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you see him on my bike, feel free to tell him to get off. Probably keep me out of a jackpot!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would have done the same as you and would appreciate someone letting me know some nitwit is screwing with my bike. This is one of the reasons I try to never let my bike be out of eyesight if possible.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:40 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd expect that a true bike let me know if someone is sitting or touching my ride w/o permission. You did right, you never know, some of my friends have found snap on/off parts missing and some times they are not even guys who are going to sell or use your parts, just envious MF's.

Of course I have to tell you some story that I already shared in here,a couple of years agoI "caught" a blind guy watching my ride (touching it all over), I felt so good about it, I mean, the lady that was leading his way told him about a very nice motorcycle parked and the guy wanted to see it the only way he could with his hands. That was a lesson and one of the most joyful experiences with my bike.

In the other hand a few weeks ago some little punks (17 or 18 years olds) got to the bar where we hang around and started touching the bikes in a very strange manner, it actually looked like they were trying to provoke us, but I got to see the facts before one of my mates actually kicked one of them in the ***. They where high on X-tassy or some other crap like that... you should have seen their faces, I can only imagine their trip on all the chrome with that s*it in their system. They where this very close to get kicked. Funny.

Take care man.

Regards.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=smiley20.gif]good job!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
hbski
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Gerard

.....I compare it to someone sitting in someones open convertible without permission......not cool......
It's much worse than that. You cannot knock over someones car and do hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of damage by sitting in it.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: CHEESE

I would have done pretty much the same as you. Find the owner, let him know, and stand by with him if he wants.
[sm=exactly.gif] what he said.

Another thing I really hate is when friends or relatives who don't ride just assume it's ok to throw a leg over the seat and try it on for size.Just went through that this past Sunday and I told someone not to sit on it.Sometimes you just can tell something's going to go wrong.In this case I could sense the magnetic pull of my gas tank's paint to the zipper on the guy's jacket.

I didn't feel bad about it at all,I know how clumbsy this guy is,I knew if he sat on it he'd find a way to knock it over,scratch something or God know's what....

Old 01-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nice job bro!you did good sir, true to your signature statement. to that guy -you made his day, pretty much a hero.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good job, I'd have done the same!

Quick Reply: Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!