General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!

"If we don't look out for one another. Who the hell else will?" And there ya have it. Once again Good job.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't your bike and therfore it becomes a police matter. These kids hadn't commited a crime. They were admiring a mans bike and NO damage was done. There could have been a serious problem if Billy Jo the cowboy could have persuded the owner to get nasty. A boxer & armed...LOL. I have read the same BS story on biker boards at least 20 times. Maybe its true and maybe not. But you don't think gun regardless of the situation. I think Tex was looking for a incident and I sure don't think he has any business carrying!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Bighorse

It wasn't your bike and therfore it becomes a police matter. These kids hadn't commited a crime. They were admiring a mans bike and NO damage was done. There could have been a serious problem if Billy Jo the cowboy could have persuded the owner to get nasty. A boxer & armed...LOL. I have read the same BS story on biker boards at least 20 times. Maybe its true and maybe not. But you don't think gun regardless of the situation. I think Tex was looking for a incident and I sure don't think he has any business carrying!
TO THE MODERATORS OF THESE FORUMS:

The gentleman above has repeatedly chosen to continue on with his out of line attacks. My question is, "Why is such allowed to continue?" Is this type of idiocy allowed on these particular forums? I, nor should anyone, shouldn't have to tolerate such attacks. A bit of clarification toward 'forum policy/guidelines' would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully submitted.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
TXISKING
Tourer

BigHorse,

How about sneaking up and sitting on my bike or another in my presence? I think you would wish you had not been caught.[:@] I guess you would just let crimes happen. Glad you live in the North East. I want people around me that will help themselves as well as others in need. Oh, and the next guy you find in your cage, is probably just checking out the stereo.No harm no foul.[]

Old 01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

I totally agree with you Tx. There is always someone out there trying to take advantage of any percieved opportunity. Right or wrong you have to stand up or you will be knocked down. I would never allow anyone to be taken advantage of in my presence. Be it a man or especially a woman or child. From what you stated in your posts it sounds like you did everything right, but as my old self defense instructor used to say "observe it all and always watch their hands because thats what going to hurt you." Thanx for standing up Brother. I'll ride with you anytime.

As an aside: Mr horse you might not want to alienate to many people at your age you might need the help sooner than you think. Good luck to you sir.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So we have 35+ cretins ready to join up with aguy that felt it was necessary to tell you that he was armed& aalleged boxer-lol- to approach a couple kids (probably teenagers) and do what??? The bike wasn't harmed. What if these kids were armed? I'll bet your tough **** would disappear. Even the bikes owner wanted nothing to do with this situation. These are the type incidents that get people killed! You read about it everyday. Use your cell phone or find a phone and call the police.
Ok Bighorse, point taken. While I agree with TX's more direct approach I believe your takealso has validity but could have been addressed in a more diplomatic manner. You disagreed with his approach but felt something could have been done. Let's take your post above and cut out the personal stuff and re-offer your take on the situation:

The bike wasn't harmed. What if these kids were armed?Even the bikes owner wanted nothing to do with this situation. These are the type incidents that get people killed! You read about it everyday. Use your cell phone or find a phone and call the police.

Same message minus the personal attacks.

Kumbaya,

Primo

Old 01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
taylor104
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Bighorse is playing the devils advocate and trying to wind people up. He appears to be repeating himself!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Is he troll?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

TO THE MODERATORS OF THESE FORUMS:

The gentleman above has repeatedly chosen to continue on with his out of line attacks. My question is, "Why is such allowed to continue?" Is this type of idiocy allowed on these particular forums? I, nor should anyone, shouldn't have to tolerate such attacks. A bit of clarification toward 'forum policy/guidelines' would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully submitted.
Agreed,
Bighorse,what exactly is your beef here?The guy does a stand up thing & you bash him.If you don't like the story move on.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 PM
onephsyco1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job Primo !

Jack
ORIGINAL: Primo
So we have 35+ cretins ready to join up with aguy that felt it was necessary to tell you that he was armed& aalleged boxer-lol- to approach a couple kids (probably teenagers) and do what??? The bike wasn't harmed. What if these kids were armed? I'll bet your tough **** would disappear. Even the bikes owner wanted nothing to do with this situation. These are the type incidents that get people killed! You read about it everyday. Use your cell phone or find a phone and call the police.
Ok Bighorse, point taken. While I agree with TX's more direct approach I believe your takealso has validity but could have been addressed in a more diplomatic manner. You disagreed with his approach but felt something could have been done. Let's take your post above and cut out the personal stuff and re-offer your take on the situation:

The bike wasn't harmed. What if these kids were armed?Even the bikes owner wanted nothing to do with this situation. These are the type incidents that get people killed! You read about it everyday. Use your cell phone or find a phone and call the police.

Same message minus the personal attacks.

Kumbaya,

Primo

Quick Reply: Don't EVER touch/sit on another man's scoot w/o permission!