General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haha, so much for getting a touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012 | 08:04 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

Im 35 now and have a Ultra Limmited ... had a Ultra classic I totaled brfor that and a Road King Classic befor that and a Sportster first.... I said when I got the Road king I would never have an old mans bike IE the Ultra ... Till I got road one and now I could kick my younger self for not getting one sooner. Yep my rolling lazyboy with a radio and drink holder. But I do a lot of long rides and on them more than once I had to "Help" some ones old lady rest the acking a$$ on a long ride. Your little bikes are fine for bar hopping and Hell when this one is paid off I might get a bar hopper too :P But don't let foolish pride or someones else idea off cool ruin your choice of bike.

Old 11-05-2012 | 08:05 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by logdon17
I guess im still to immature and would rather give up comfort in order for sex appeal. One day im sure I will grow up.....
You said that, not me. Reality is you don't have to give up anything.
Besides, real women find a confident man to be sexy... not necessarily just one who follows her lead.

Old 11-06-2012 | 04:04 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by deadhawg
If she rarely rides why do you care what she thinks?
Because he's a poser in training and other peoples opinions are important to him???? I don't know, but that's my guess.

Old 11-06-2012 | 06:59 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

see ya after you buy 2 more bikes then decide your wife was wrong and you still buy a GezerGlide......funny thing is all the 20somethings are buying Glides left and right

Old 11-06-2012 | 07:26 AM
Climb14er
Tourer

So I've been kicking the idea around about getting a Street Glide (like the idea of the more comfortable bike with storage and longer range). Riding in the car with my wife today, we see a CVO Street Glide cross the intersection. I ask her what she thought of it and the response is "eh, looks like an old mans bike". Being only 30, looks like I'll keeping riding my softail!
This thread is totally hilarious!

I'm turning sixty in ten days, fortunate to still be doing the things I enjoy. Been riding for forty years and have had my share of bikes and toys.

Buy what you want and enjoy it the way it's supposed to be enjoyed!

One important lesson I've learned 'over the years' is do what YOU want to do and don't give a damn about what others might think.

If you have to ask the forum 'what to do' and you're seriously 'listening' to your wife's opinion...

Well... I'll leave that up to you and others to finish the sentence!

Old 11-06-2012 | 09:38 AM
jory434
Road Warrior

If I let my girlfriend tell me what she thought was gonna look good my Heritage would have a pink paint job and Diamonds around the license plate. I know what I think looks good. I usually just tell her to load that wagon and I'll drive it haha!

Old 11-06-2012 | 11:17 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by BLMC
I ride a road king but without a windshield because as you so well put it "if I want that much protection when I ride, I'll buy a convertible car."
Same here

Old 11-06-2012 | 11:27 AM
an Uncouth Barbarian
Road Warrior

Do any of you guys who are concerned about being negatively percieved as an old man because of the model of motorcycle you ride contribute to the "Biker" image type threads?

Old 11-06-2012 | 12:00 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hell hound
people tour on what ever bike they have

you dont have to have a touring bike to tour
i have ridin my dyna all over the place
Plus 1. A bagger would make it easier, but then I would be older, fatter, and defending my purchase.

Last edited by Tony P; 11-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2012 | 02:14 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member

This isnt about people "paying dues" or ******* anyone for riding a bagger. Simply posting that my 27 year old wife thinks baggers look like old man bikes and now I am rethinking buying one and keeping my softail
Buy the bike, ride home, throw her on the bed, pin her ankles behind her head and FI_] [ [< her till her nose bleeds, then say, what's that about an old man???

Quick Reply: Haha, so much for getting a touring bike