General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haha, so much for getting a touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:16 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

I dunno. 5-10 years ago, you couldn't have GIVEN me a RoadKing; Now--that's all I wanna ride. But for me--it ain't the comfort thing--it's knowing i could ride as far as I want without a hitch.

Although, the farthest I ever ride is Daytona. Geez; I'm such a douche!

But, if I DO see a good buy on a 96" 6-speed NightTrain--I'm scoopin' it up. But I'll always keep the King.

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:17 PM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by logdon17
I didnt cave that fast, I pressed her a little more and tried to explain how it was a cool bike, etc. The clincher was when she said that she thought the "baskets" on the back looked strange. She rarely rides so she doesnt care about the comfort so based on looks alone shes not digging it. Although looking at the above bike im still thinking about it though.....
If she rarely rides why do you care what she thinks?

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:25 PM
polish hammer
Tourer

i added bags to my heritage softail project buuut no fairing no offense to those that have one and yes MAYBE when im older i will have one too till then i feel my bike and feel the wind

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:40 PM
Gliden
Club Member

Screw that. My son put a tube of preparation H on my seat when I brought her home after the fat boy.

I don't regret this bike 1 bit. I've had so many great miles on her already.....all of them the most fun miles I ever had. This bike is bad ***. To me that is......not knocking anyones ride. Jmo

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:52 PM
logdon17
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by pargenz
So logdon17... what difference does it make what she thinks, anyway?
I guess im still to immature and would rather give up comfort in order for sex appeal. One day im sure I will grow up.....

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:58 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior

Not giving a crap about what other people do, or why they do it...provided it doesn't impact you directly...and not caring what other people think about what you think, or what you do (unless not carin' will cost you money)...comes to you with age.

Along with bandy white legs, plaid shorts cinched up just under your flaccid little pointy old-man's ****, and takin' 81mg of aspirin/day in the hopes it'll keep your ticker beatin' semi-steady for one more year.

I got 99 problems...but bein' worried about ridin' a bagger ain't one.

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 11-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2012 | 07:24 PM
Sauceman
Road Master

Originally Posted by logdon17
I guess im still to immature and would rather give up comfort in order for sex appeal. One day im sure I will grow up.....
Nothing wrong with that at all. Ride your own ride!

cheers

Old 11-05-2012 | 07:38 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lgenf
so the OP's wife has no taste, and he has no *****

got it, now I see the point of this thread
Amen...

Old 11-05-2012 | 07:53 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hell hound
baggers are super popular
most new riders have a hard time beliving that 12 years ago when i worked at the hd parts counter we would dog your *** if you where a young guy on a tour bike
but then again back then they all looked the same (big and ugly) now they have alot more style

I am 35 and even with the bagger craze still have a hard time watching young dudes (25 yrs old or so )ride baggers. I know this is being a d%^k but I cant help but think to myself "are you serious, dude pay your fu$%ing dues on a real bike for a while and save the bagger for later". I mean you would never see a young man lust over a lincon town car!!

Oh yea, and i plan on gettting a street glide soon because they are so bad ***

Ok let me get this straight...a bagger is not a real bike?????? Wtf have i been riding if not a real bike? What did I ride last year to Laconia and New England for 2853 miles in 8 days? Damn sure wasnt a sloptail or Shortster. It rode like a real bike....a real comfortable bike.

Old 11-05-2012 | 07:53 PM
monumaker
Road Captain

wow... some of you guys need to grow a pair... your let your wifes run your lives? weak minded pu$$ys...

the point here is that its your bike. get what you want.

do you pick out her purses?

im 32 and i ride a SG because its the bike I wanted.

Quick Reply: Haha, so much for getting a touring bike