General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haha, so much for getting a touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012 | 11:09 PM
BLMC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by logdon17
I ask her what she thought of it and the response is "eh, looks like an old mans bike"
My reply would be " no problem, you can stay at home then."

Old 11-04-2012 | 11:10 PM
BLMC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by djohn
And BTW, I'm 57 and just last year broke down and bought a windshield.
I ride a road king but without a windshield because as you so well put it "if I want that much protection when I ride, I'll buy a convertible car."

Old 11-05-2012 | 01:07 AM
jmio
Cruiser

silly, silly, I am 29 and rock a 2006 electra glide standard with black apes, blacked out pipes, and I get compliments EVERYWHERE. Plus the comfort is amazing!

Old 11-05-2012 | 03:09 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kajunkruzer
Wife says that about my StreetGlide all the time. Funny thing is, she doesn't complain when she climbs on back atop that comfy Sundowner seat, right after she throws her crap in my saddlebags. And she sure as hell doesn say **** when she asks me to crank up the tunes on the radio all while kicked back on that backrest. I stopped caring about what she thinks a long time ago.....
Way to go !

Old 11-05-2012 | 05:17 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

It amazes me how many guys are so concerned with what other people think of their bike. If your woman rides with you regularly, then I can understand some concern of her opinion, but only to a degree. I can promise you... I don't give a ratsass what other people think about anything I own.

Old 11-05-2012 | 05:37 AM
mswmn
Road Master

Originally Posted by dawg
Bullshit. Age has nothing to do with it, it's about the comfort and goodies. Throw her on a tourer and you'll change your mind
Not always. We rented an Ultra in Hawaii and the wife hated it. She couldn't wait to get back on the Heritage...Oh by the way...me too.

Old 11-05-2012 | 06:28 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jmio
silly, silly, I am 29 and rock a 2006 electra glide standard with black apes, blacked out pipes, and I get compliments EVERYWHERE. Plus the comfort is amazing!

Im sure that is true, because baggers are what is cool right now and half of my friends ride them, most are customized and look great. And yes I was being sirios when I said I wanted one. All i was tring to say was that I have a hard time jumpin on the bagger band wagon because of how I came into the biker world.

trust me i wish i could get past it but for some reason i have told myself "I need to wait untill i am at least 40 before getting something with a full fairing"

Old 11-05-2012 | 07:44 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member

Your wife is right on. They all look like a bike for those 75 and over. I can say that as I am only 65

Anyways, wives are great. Mine is not a rider but she went to the dealer with me when I was ready to trade in my Sportster. I didn't feel I could afford a new bike so I had my eye on a five year old Deluxe with reasonable mileage but only a five speed. They wanted something like 14K for it. The wife looked at the Deluxe, walked around it once and told me she was going inside to look over their showroom. She came back after five minutes and told me that I was freakin' crazy. She wanted to know why I would not want to spend four grand more to get a brand spanking new Heritage with a six speed, full warranty and a lot more bells and whistles. Two hours later I rode my new Heritage home.

Wives are great.

Old 11-05-2012 | 09:03 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

I will eventually get a bagger ('cause I'm getting old and my tired *** requires more comfort and utility), but it is an old man's bike. At least that's its image. Baggers are only cool if compared to other baggers. I'm only 56 years young. I'm not sure I'm ready to be 50 pounds overweight and riding grandpa's bike. As it is, I'm riding grandma's Dyna.

Old 11-05-2012 | 09:14 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

OP: If your Softail is a Heritage, it IS a bagger - and a good one too.

Quick Reply: Haha, so much for getting a touring bike