General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went back to the full face tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM
hammer4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Went back to the full face tonight...

Hey Anubisss,
I have a Shoie RF 1000, I'ts a good helmet. I have wanted an Arai for a long time. How did you put speakers in your helmet. I tired ear plug type phones but they didn't work. I miss my tunes on my Glide.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with a full face over 20 years ago. Screw style. Once you get used to them you don't think about them anymore. It has multi functions to them. I ride with the shield up during the summer if no debree is in the air. I got a pair of changing sunglasses that stays daylight looking when you see threw them so they can be used at nite.
If you like black helments have you tried these folks helments and looked at modular for the summer. I got 2 different full face helments. One with air vents for the summer and a different one for winter.
http://www.hjchelmets.com/

Old 01-30-2007, 12:15 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only use full face, I feel weird if I try a half helmet. But definitely get a cable lock that you can put through the helmet. Just locking the strap (especially in LA) is just asking to have it cut. I've seen helmet on eBay that actually say the strap needs to be replaced!

I use a Chatterbox to listen to music, the earpieces mount in the helmet with velcro. It works really well and I am able to turn it off with the unit mounted on my helmet...rather than having an mp3 player in my jacket that I can't reach.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The one cool thing about the full face is being able to switch to the smoke shield. Nice not having to wear sunglass under the helmet and the dark smoke shield looks really cool on a black full face helmet.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

I wear a FF most of the time. Here in Az. during the peak hot months I will wear a 1/2 around town just for the added ventilation. However, I always feelsafer when I have my FF on.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
rvisdew
Road Master

I like my half, but am seriously looking at a full face (flip-up). Tried on a Nolan that felt really good (in the store), so that may be a pending purchase.

I use a helmet cable lock almost all the time.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

i bought one and sent it back the next day. Shoving my head in that thing and pulling it off was not comfy either. Maybe it was the wrong size. I just felt like shoving 10lbs of shiat in a 5 lb bag to me.

I have considered it last fall as it got colder but instead just bought a carbon fiber dot shorty and wearing that next season.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

That's the trick with full face helmets, you need to find the manufacturer that makes the helmet with the shape to fit your head. For some reason Shoei helmets always fit me well. I have the Shoei X-11 and it comes off and on very easily and is nice and snug.I wanted afull face helmet thatis light, comfortable and hasgood airflow. TheX-11 isall of these.

ORIGINAL: Smitty0128

i bought one and sent it back the next day. Shoving my head in that thing and pulling it off was not comfy either. Maybe it was the wrong size. I just felt like shoving 10lbs of shiat in a 5 lb bag to me.

I have considered it last fall as it got colder but instead just bought a carbon fiber dot shorty and wearing that next season.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I go back and forth between my full face and my half with the zip in earflaps.

Just depends on how much fatigue I want by days end.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm wearing a 3/4 with a face shield. The full face makes me feel all closed in. And I can't see or hear as well.I wear glasses and the shield keeps the old eyes from watering, And I got hit with a rock once, about knocked me off the bike!

Quick Reply: Went back to the full face tonight...