General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A warning about buying parts through Amazon.com and Powersport Superstore.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Here is their response to negative feedback, they lied like i thought they would. Kind of shows what kind of people you are dealing with. The customer is always wrong when they file a negative report.

ALL OF THIS BELOW IS A COMPLETE LIE.

Seller Response: We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience. However, this feedback is very misleading as the customer blatantly admitted to ordered the incorrect item. A full refund was arranged for the customer's satisfaction but the merchandise was returned without the manufacturer's packaging and not in the original condition.Date: November 3, 2012

Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
harlot
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I've ordered through them a few times and no problems, could be just misunderstandings.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

I had issues with Amazon. A bad seller. Amazon made it good but they shouldnt have let this guy represent them. I still use Amazon but I make sure that everything ships from Amazon. Makes it tough for bike parts I am sure.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM
truckerdave

No misunderstanding there. They sent the wrong part poorly packaged in an incorrectly labeled box and would not admit otherwise. I explained just exactly how the part was wrong but it made no difference. I knew it was the wrong part when i took it out of the box. It was never "packaged" just loose in a box that they probably never opened and would not have known what it was anyway. Customer Service is probably a guy in India named "Bob". I have previously got a primary bearing upgrade kit and a Baker anti overshift ratchet pawl. No problems but never again. I'll stick to ordering books and DVD's on Amazon but not MC parts.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:39 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I have bought dozens of items from Amazon without any problems at all. If the seller isn't Amazon, it's as risky as eBay in my opinion. Amazon has a stellar reputation for customer service.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM
dbc58
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Powersport Superstore has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Go through Amazon with your complaint. After 2 weeks of screwing around with Powersport for their mistake and no resolution in sight, Amazon gave me a full refund within 24 hours and I kept the wrong part. If enough people complain, hopefully the will lose status as an Amazon seller.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
truckerdave

Just to clear things up a bit, this was not bought from Amazon but from Powersport Superstore through Amazon.com. Therein lies the difference. Amazon is more or less the middleman. Anyway, i have done what i set out to do and i feel i have gotten my $11 worth of vengeance. From now on if someone does a search for Powersport Superstore this thread will come up.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,066 Likes on 17,935 Posts

You went through Amazon they have a feedback & comments section for sellers too , don't limit yourself to bitching in here post up on Amazon where more buyers will read the feedback .

I've had nothing but good with Amazon dealings even when something was wrong , wish the rest of the world worked as well .

Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even Apples sometimes have worms in them...

Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Duke 07
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up on amazon after my personal info was hacked. They blamed it on my computer several weeks after I had used them for a purchase. Also I found that some of the shipping info here was very ms-leading. Just frustrating, so I avoid them at all costs.

Quick Reply: A warning about buying parts through Amazon.com and Powersport Superstore.