General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DeerSports PCi Motorcycle Gloves= AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 04:55 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DeerSports PCi Motorcycle Gloves= AWESOME

I am always complaining about my hands hurting after riding in the cold. I have tried just about everything short of the electric gloves or grips. So I was looking around and found a review of the Lee Parks' DeerSport PCi gloves... A couple of people here had nice things to same about them as well.

So... The price was kinda high but I figured if they last AND they work then they will be worth the $$$.

Coldest I have been out with them so far is 55 but I have to tell ya that so far these things rock. My hands do not sweat nor do they get cold. My other gloves even with the liners my knuckles get a little numb after riding for a while even in 50-55 degrees.

And I hate to say this... I like the guantlet style. No more wind coming up the sleeves!!! =)

It is 30 out today... so I guess I could go riding to test out the gloves for ya'll... but I do not have that much dedication to product review. =)

But I did watch the National Geographic Special last night on the V-Rod... I want the QA job! I'll ride in the cold for that gig.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:01 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: DeerSports PCi Motorcycle Gloves= AWESOME

I have those gloves too and they're very nice quality. Forget about riding in 30* weather though, they're good to about 40 and not much colder. When it gets below 40 I switch to the HD heated gloves.

But as a side note, how do these gauntlet gloves fit over your leather jacket sleves? I have a Fox Creek leather jacket and these gloves gloves are a tight fit over the Fox Creek sleves. Strange since Fox Creek sells these gloves. I have a pair of HD gauntlet gloves that are huge at the opening and will fit over any sleve with ease.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually had no problems getting them over the jacket. Mine is the 05 version of the race jacket. It has the white dual stripe accross the chest and arms instead of the orange one you see these days.... The sleeves have the zipper along the sides to tighten them up.

At first the zipper pull got in the way a bit... but other than that they go over just fine. I am not a fan of the look but I am a fan of the functionality at this point.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the '06 vented racing jacket. Probably just need to stretch the leather out on the gloves a little. Haven't really worn them much yet since it's been cold and have been using the heated gloves.

Yep, agreed on the functionality. Don't want cold air blowing up your sleves on a 20* ride.