General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated and saddened by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Frustrated and saddened by dealer

I really feel lucky. My dealer is a great place to hang out when I'm bored or can't ride. They always take time out to talk about bikes or anything else, parts guys, service guys, sales guys, motor clothes girls. They all know my name.

They gladly take returns and do make refunds in cash or credit your card. I won a $400 leather jacket last month and when I told the owner thanks, he asked about the jacket I had on. When I told him that my wife had just bought it for my birthday, he gave me a $400 gift certificate instead of the new jacket.

I guess this is why they sell a lot of bikes and have been in business for a long time.

Jim

Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good looking Heritage J2
I am giving serious consideration to V&H big radius for my Pewter pearl Heritage, But a Mustang seat will be the next improvement.
I would love to have dealer like yours. they could have all my business.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember, dealerships are FRANCHIZES. If they were H-D it would be different. The people who do it everyday are just everyday folks, who for the most part are not what we think they should be, i.e. Harley, Harley, Harley, Harley. I went through your exact senario the day after I picked up my new 07 Sporty, wrote a good letter, never got a response, but I started getting 10% off letters in the mail, birthday card, Christmas card, the parts guys know my name, the head salesman makes it a point to come talk to me everytime I'm in the store and yes I'm waited on hand and foot...don't care why. I just told them in the letter there were 3 other dealerships in the area I can go to and will try everyone untill I find the right one. Never had to go looking.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior

Well here is the Update- The Motor clothes manager is back at the store. and she saidI that could come and see her and she would work out an Exchange. I plan On having a one on one conversation with her and also, I am going to pursue finding and getting a meeting with the owner. According to how this meeting goes, will determine whether or not I ever darken the doors of their stores again.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:42 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

next time , dont do a oil change,service ,and wash, in them clothes before you bring them back

Old 02-04-2007, 05:51 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the folks working in these positions don't have a clue how important their customer service is. They don't seem to realize that how they handle customer request reflects on the whole HD organization not just their local dealership.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:53 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mathews2

Good looking Heritage J2
I am giving serious consideration to V&H big radius for my Pewter pearl Heritage, But a Mustang seat will be the next improvement.
I would love to have dealer like yours. they could have all my business.

What's the dealership's name?

Old 02-04-2007, 05:59 PM
ESTOERP
Intermediate

At least, you american guys can easily move to another dealer...

Here in Spain we have 23 dealers in the whole country... If I ever have a problem with mine, 30 minutes away from home, I should move to another one which is 3 hours away... [:@]

Old 02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: j2dawson

I really feel lucky. My dealer is a great place to hang out when I'm bored or can't ride. They always take time out to talk about bikes or anything else, parts guys, service guys, sales guys, motor clothes girls. They all know my name.

They gladly take returns and do make refunds in cash or credit your card. I won a $400 leather jacket last month and when I told the owner thanks, he asked about the jacket I had on. When I told him that my wife had just bought it for my birthday, he gave me a $400 gift certificate instead of the new jacket.

I guess this is why they sell a lot of bikes and have been in business for a long time.

Jim
My dealer is a great place to hang out heck they even bring me coffee when I get there. Free lunch while you wait service too. My card always gets a extra punch from the parts guys and I have never had a problem returning anything. This is what brings me back over and over again.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:52 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior

From all that I read on this site, it appears that there are MANY dealers that do not do what it takes to keep customers satisfied. Like the original poster said, something needs to be done to stop the spiraling down of the dealer service.

Paying so much for a tee shirt with their name on it is ridiculous. We are wearing their dealer tees, and advertising for them, and yet they want to charge us $26 for a plain old cotton tee.

I predict that if the MOCO doesn't get it together with customer service and stop the robbery, the company will begin a downturn until it is replaced sometime in the future with some company that can produce a good product and provide good customer service for a decent price.

I like my bike...but I don't like being ripped off. ( I didn't know that I was at the time I bought my bike, but I do now. It won't happen like that again...it was my first Harley. They saw me coming and got out the vaseline).

Quick Reply: Frustrated and saddened by dealer