General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated and saddened by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frustrated and saddened by dealer

LOL, point taken.

I guess I was trying to say I just don't believe in spending all day, or hours on end, hanging out at a dealership somewhere. When I participate in my HOG, Blue Knights or ABATE events our meetings, if we have one atall,last a short amount of time and then we go out for a ride. Isn't this is why we bought our bikes? If you need or want to hang out at a dealership so be it. Do what you want to do, it's your right. Its just something I, and from reading most of the other posts, don't feel we want or need to do.

L.T.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LONGHORN HD in Grand Praire TX ROCKS

Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Whackone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zion HD is only ten minutes from the house. I have bought two bikes from them but got the SG from another dealer, better price. Took the Deluxe in for a download after I modified the mufflers and installed a SE Air Cleaner. Ask them to check drive belt to make sure it was running true. When I picked up the bike, they hit me with a $45.00 additional charge. I went to Alan, the manager, mad as h*ll. He told me to calm down and gave me $45.00 in dealership chips that I could use to buy something or whatever. He won me back by this simple gesture and I still have the chips, so it cost them nothing. All dealers are not evil, just give your money to those who give you service and meet your expectations.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: grunt

Some dealers are just f'd up. Nice thing about Dallas is any of them that **** me off is easily replaced. But HD NT, Longhorn, and Eagle are all great in the area. HD Dallas is OK for service, but love to mark up the prices over MSRP.
+1 on HD of North Texas. The sales and service support I've received from them is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the BMW dealer that I also have to deal with regularly.*

* There are only 1.5 BMW dealers in the North Texas area and as a result, there's no competition for your business. At least with Harley, we aren't usually orphaned if a dealer decides they no longer want us as customer.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
roadkingsaddlebrooke
Cruiser

How about this; go in to local HD dealer, ask for a spanner wrench for my '05 Heritage Softail, buy it and take it home. Wrong wrench, doesn't fir the bike's shocks. Go back and ask for the right wrench, exchange it please. NO deal, not in an unopened package now! Even though they sold it to me as the right spanner for my bike, it is my fault somehow? And how am I to know if it works without taking it out of the package first? Have to buy right wrench at local ex-Indian shop.
Better example, go in to local Honda dealer, buy an full face Shoei helmet, thinking it might be nice in the cold Reno weather. Ride about one mile, feel like, "Hey, this isn't going to work!". Take it right back to the shop, get a complete refund of something like $500.00. No questions asked.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

That sucks! I am glad my dealer is halfway decent. I mean for the money i spend there every time I go in they know my name I orderd a adapater bracket for my windsheild and it took 3 months to get there, but everytime I went in they apologized gave me discounts on everythingelse that I bought are threw me some t-shirt's they were cool I wasn't in a hurry. it was a $50 part but i made out in the longrun!

Old 01-30-2007, 12:03 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

did they have a sign posted that says, "no returns"?

If not, I'd shoot off a letter/email to the Attorney General of your state describing what you just said--especially the "things change" line--and CC the owner of the dealership. Get the Better Business Bureau involved as well.

That should get their attention. Bastards.
Something to file away for a rainy day...

Anytime you're considering filing a complaint with the BBB, to that before you start contacting the AG or initiate any other type of legal proceedings. Otherwise, the BBB will not engage.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:14 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior

Have you bought a bike from any of these? I will be looking to buy in a little less than a year and I have been to most of these. HD NT seems to be pretty high pressure and I don't think they ever sold a stock bike. They sell for MSRP but then it is marked up with a bunch of options that I don't know if they are pricing fair. HD Dallas seems much more low key but I have never got to the haggling point yet with them...... Any experience you can share would be great.
I've purchased 3 of my 4 Harleys from HD NT. Yes - they sell at MSRP + shipping and prep. And yes, pretty much every bike on the floor is going to have some type of add-on. But, all of my bikes have been 100% stock. The secret? A little patience.Settle on a particular model equipped with the color and factory accessories you want. Find out if they have one in transit from the factory. If not, find out what they have in the ordering system that they can still make changes to. Give them your deposit and tell them you want that bike - fresh from the crate with no dealer-added farkles. They'll gladly accommodate you.

As far as being high pressure, since they usually sell at MSRP (except for older or slow moving models *cough*V-rod*cough*), they really can't pressure you since they can't leverage price in the deal.

PM me if you want any other info about them or recommendations on who to talk to.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with HDNT (or any other HD dealer) - I'm just a relatively satisfied customer.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOl, I dont hang out there all day, But I can look at Bikes , even the same ones over and over, any day of the week, plusI hang outthere onlyfor a bit as it is a hundred mile round trip.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

It's really sad to seethat some dealers have to resort to ano return or exchange for credit crap.Is it like the dealers dont make enough money?

And as far as hanging out at the local dealership,I spent hours there waiting for my bike that was suppose to be done in an hour.I watched the owner bullshit with some people( he even spoke to me),he reminded me of a spoiled rich brat!Seemed like all he had to do was put on a good show along with his trophy wife strutting around giving orders.

Quick Reply: Frustrated and saddened by dealer