General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new bike and wife story

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012 | 05:28 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
When guy's say they have that their wife has "given them permission" they actually mean that they both agreed right? And the wife's "restriction" is actually a "suggestion" right? Or are these the same guys that say "happy wife, happy life"???

Maybe I'm one of the few but my wife doesn't tell me what to do, lay restrictions or give me permission to do anything. And this works the other way around. Maybe I'm from the new generation or I'm just not ***** whipped???
Did you check with your wife before posting this?

Old 10-24-2012 | 05:57 PM
Markk9
|
Road Warrior

When guy's say they have that their wife has "given them permission" they actually mean that they both agreed right? And the wife's "restriction" is actually a "suggestion" right? Or are these the same guys that say "happy wife, happy life"???

Maybe I'm one of the few but my wife doesn't tell me what to do, lay restrictions or give me permission to do anything. And this works the other way around. Maybe I'm from the new generation or I'm just not ***** whipped???
Because we both earn the money, we don't spend more than $500 with out talking to each other about.

For the most part I get what I want, she gets what she wants. We have a partnership in our marriage.

Old 10-24-2012 | 06:01 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
Glad she didn't decide she wanted another Goldwing.

Originally Posted by brgtr3
Congrats! And once you've convinced her on the chaps, please post some pic's!

Originally Posted by norgepa
Well the OP did say she road a Goldwing !

Old 10-24-2012 | 06:01 PM
Markk9
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Riven02
Hmm it would scare me to find out that a guy at work knows more about my wife than me...... How does this not come up after 12 years??
The guys at work didn't know until a few weeks ago, she told me the same day. They were just "picking on" her her about me getting the bike and her not riding, so she at to one up them.

Old 10-24-2012 | 08:13 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

So I have been given permission to get another H-D touring bike

OISH...

Old 10-24-2012 | 08:29 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior

Boys boys boys...Did you consider that his wife did not want to be pressured into riding if she told him she already had a license? And, the "permission" comment does not make him P@ssy whipped. Spending that amount of money for a bike or any item should require both parties "buy in" or "permission". Just my two cents. OP enjoy your new ride and riding partner!

Old 10-24-2012 | 09:08 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

I have to say I'm with you on this but I'm not "from the new generation". I am definitely from the "old" generation.

Old 10-24-2012 | 10:40 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Congrats for both of you. I have made the same offer many times to my wife, but she is very content on the back of the Ultra.

Old 10-25-2012 | 07:20 PM
WAYJO
Cruiser

Sounds like a good deal to me. A riding partner and a new bike! Oh and by the way, all chaps are assless, that's why they are chaps and not pants.

Old 10-27-2012 | 11:54 AM
oct1949
Club Member

Originally Posted by WAYJO
Sounds like a good deal to me. A riding partner and a new bike! Oh and by the way, all chaps are assless, that's why they are chaps and not pants.
U have a lot to learn about all the threads in here about..

Assless chaps.
Fingerless gloves. and
Sleeveless tank tops..

All these have been running jokes in here for Yrs's.

Quick Reply: Another new bike and wife story