General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new bike and wife story

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012 | 10:16 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

Lookin forward to seeing the pics. Congrats.

Old 10-24-2012 | 10:26 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Riders Club Member

CONGRATS! You two will enjoy riding together - especially with your kids. It's a great family activity.

My wife had ridden dirt bikes a lot in her misspent youth - but had never ridden a street bike. When she bought me the old '95 Evo FLHTP in Feb 2007 for my Big Five-O birthday, she rode BSR for awhile before she said "screw THIS", took the MSR course on the coldest weekend of the year, and got her MC license in Feb 2008. I encouraged her - because frankly I'd rather ride solo than have a BSR all the time anyway.

She went through 2 V-Stars (650 and 1100), the FLHTP that I "handed down" to her when i got my SESG last year (she hated the FLHTP - too big for her), and a 2012 Tri Glide Ultra trike - before finally getting the little Ninja 650 that she rides now and LOVES. The Ninja is the bike she should have been on all along... she loves the way it handles, and it's small and light so she isn't concerned about drooping it like she was with the bigger cruiser bikes. She is very comfortable on it, and she enjoys riding again.

So it's all good!

Old 10-24-2012 | 10:31 AM
samhallnc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
When guy's say they have that their wife has "given them permission" they actually mean that they both agreed right? And the wife's "restriction" is actually a "suggestion" right? Or are these the same guys that say "happy wife, happy life"???

Maybe I'm one of the few but my wife doesn't tell me what to do, lay restrictions or give me permission to do anything. And this works the other way around. Maybe I'm from the new generation or I'm just not ***** whipped???
I don't get that sh*t either. Much less let her dictate what kind of bike I ride.

Old 10-24-2012 | 10:56 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

Congrats on "Getting Permission". Enjoy riding with her. Hope you don't come out with a story that you just found out after 12 years she has a full back tattoo!

When I met my wife she was already riding dirt and eventually street on her own. After a few years I went ahead and upgraded her status to wife, glad I know before hand. ;-)

Most of the time when I'm getting something or doing something, Wifeys right there with me getting into trouble too.

Last edited by AtkRWC; 10-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2012 | 10:57 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Markk9
She has only been on the back of my bike once. Riding was my hobby until now, she never wanted to ride, asked her many times. Not complaining, I got a riding buddy and a new bike.
Lots of folks that ride don't like the back seat. I sure don't, feels like the bike's out of control when I can't reach the bars, even if I know the front seater is a good one.

Old 10-24-2012 | 11:08 AM
norgepa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Twist n Smoke
Interesting, makes me wonder why this has never came up before now. I am assuming that she was on the back of the bike quite often and she never said she used to ride? Anyway congrats on the new sled and happy travels. I am sure you will find out more about your wife once you start to hit the road
Well the OP did say she road a Goldwing !
Enjoy ......Riding the Wind........ The Piedmont area is great riding country.

Attached Thumbnails Another new bike and wife story-roflmfao.jpg   Another new bike and wife story-lateryears.jpg  
Old 10-24-2012 | 11:11 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior

My wife rode with me for several years and out of the blue she stated she wanted to learn to ride (several of her friends have their own bikes). I enrolled her in MSF and then she started to back out because she didnt want to take the class with people she didn't know. I told her I would take it with her if she went ahead. Afterward we got her an 06 Fatboy that she rides almost everywhere. However, if we take a long, several hundred mile trip, she still wants to ride with me.

Old 10-24-2012 | 03:33 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
Hope you don't come out with a story that you just found out after 12 years she has a full back tattoo!
HAH! Reminds me of a Family Guy episode.

Peter Griffin (after having sex): Hey, where'd you get that tattoo on your lower back?

Lois: I don't know, Peter. Meth is a helluva drug.

Old 10-24-2012 | 03:44 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member

I just hope you don't find out your wife would rather ride with the coworker than you.That would be my luck but only after I told her to pay for it out of my business account

Old 10-24-2012 | 04:09 PM
Riven02
Cruiser

Hmm it would scare me to find out that a guy at work knows more about my wife than me...... How does this not come up after 12 years??

Quick Reply: Another new bike and wife story