General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rode the Honda today to work....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 05:15 PM
mgumto
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rode the Honda today to work....

Any of you guys still own sport bikes? Actually curious I know a lot of us own more than 1 bike and I am wondering how often do you ride your "other bike"??

After I bought the Harley I figured I'd sell my CBR900 soon after. Well turns out about once I week I still feel that need for speed and the rush of being on one wheel briefly.Not so sure I'm ready to get rid of the ol' rice burner just yet.Still fun as hell to me.

That said, I'm riding the King all day tomorrow!!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,487 Likes on 4,380 Posts
Default RE: rode the Honda today to work....

It's nearly 100% on the Harley now. Otherwise I'm down to one little Honda used upat the cabin instead of the Harley cause there are cow pies all over the place & using the Honda for wifey to play on and learn some things.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:25 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Right now I am about 50-50 on each bike. I have no desire to stop either style of riding. Honestly, I have started shopping for a replacement for the ninja, either a firebolt or a zx-14.

I am too moody for one bike!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:45 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No 'sport' bikes. Got 3 of my bikes in rotation now, 1 is good for bar-hoppin and short crusin', the other is a smooth ride good for looooong cruises, and the 'Bob is good for the curvys and general riding.

The other 2 are like the big, fatty, bike, just not putting many miles on them so their $$ in the future is not affected a ton (rare bikes).

Old 01-27-2007, 07:26 PM
CHITO_26
Cruiser

I took this morning my 03 CBR600RR to get it mapped correctly and as I am waiting in the shop I struck a conversation with some older guy.The guy told me that Harley sucks and that Japanese bikes are better bikes in price and performance. I just happen to mention that I was looking into getting a New Harley in a couple of months and hewas just started talking crap. I told him that everyone has different taste in everything that life has to offer. Just like he prefers to ride crotch rockets other people like cruiser bikes. I wasn't going to get into an argument with him about this issue. In my mind I was like "WHATEVER DUDE" I like them both but I think I am going to have to sell my croth rocket. I just love my Honda, it is going to be hard when the time comes to let it go but oh well life goes on.Ride safe Homies! CHITO

Old 01-27-2007, 07:43 PM
mgumto
Banned

ORIGINAL: CHITO_26

I took this morning my 03 CBR600RR to get it mapped correctly and as I am waiting in the shop I struck a conversation with some older guy.The guy told me that Harley sucks and that Japanese bikes are better bikes in price and performance. I just happen to mention that I was looking into getting a New Harley in a couple of months and hewas just started talking crap. I told him that everyone has different taste in everything that life has to offer. Just like he prefers to ride crotch rockets other people like cruiser bikes. I wasn't going to get into an argument with him about this issue. In my mind I was like "WHATEVER DUDE" I like them both but I think I am going to have to sell my croth rocket. I just love my Honda, it is going to be hard when the time comes to let it go but oh well life goes on.Ride safe Homies! CHITO
Yeah bro keep the CBR if you can. I still love riding it. I told the wife when the day come's im not riding it more than 1 or 2 times a month, I'll sell it. Til then, it stays...

Old 01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How about a 1975 Kaw 500 3cyl. ?

Old 01-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I've been looking at the Buells.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

I held on to my ZX10 for a few months after I bought my Harley but I knew that a clean break from the fast lane (meaning stock bikes that ran 9's & close to 200 MPH on top) would be the best way to go. I broke every speeding law in the book and it was time to STOP!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Toyman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to have more than one of just about everything if for no other reason but to have a backup. You'll notice I wrote "just about" as I only have one girlfriend. But seriouslyI find it hard to have one bike that can fill allof what I want out of ascooter. Somedays Iwant to feel some Gs so my Suzukiis the ticket (here again notice I said ticket as I have got plenty). For a nice cruise or a tour & possibly with my girlfriend I have the Ultra for comfort & storage.To fill my need for an old vintage,which isan interesting converstion piece that gets a whole lot of attention I have the65 HD Servi-cartrike. Each of them serve a purpose and a need. I gave up2 wheeled off road for quads & Jeeps so I don't need a dirt bike.There are many more bikes I'd love to have and may someday. What canI say ........I'm the Toyman?!!