General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Every Ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012 | 11:01 AM
Rickr01
|
Club Member
Default Every Ride

Bundled up and headed out into a dark 30F morning. First I ran through the last (hopefully) of todays cold rain showers, then the rain turned to hard ice pellets....Love that bat wing fairing.....then the snow showers. Finally crossed the very icy Tenney bridge...watch those crappy temporary bridges the state of Vermont seems to like to adopt lately....But then came the sun and the temps climbed up to the 40's....All of the last rides of the season are worth everything compared to seeing the bike hibernating in the corner of the garage....Lets see how many more we can squeeze in....

Old 10-08-2012 | 01:36 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior

Winterizing for me is adding longhandles and layers for warmth. I have ridden in below zero temps, and will continue too, till I tire of it and decide to move. I kinda like riding in chilly conditions!

aka Bob

Old 10-08-2012 | 01:39 PM
Dr.ultra2010
Road Captain

glad i live in the south......................

Old 10-08-2012 | 01:42 PM
rpbrown
Road Warrior

39 here this morning and a high of 65 predicted, perfect riding weather.

Old 10-08-2012 | 01:59 PM
SinisterFLHTCI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle
Winterizing for me is adding longhandles and layers for warmth. I have ridden in below zero temps, and will continue too, till I tire of it and decide to move. I kinda like riding in chilly conditions!

aka Bob

I was thinking the same thing. I just put the batwing shields on and I am holding off as long as possible to put the riot shield windscreen on. No snow or salt = bike riding!

Old 10-08-2012 | 03:26 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Not nearly as harsh a winter in NY, but last year I rember saying the same thing in December, then January and February and March. Turns out it was such a mild winter there was no down time. Still, each warm day in the winter felt like a gift!

Hope this year turns out as good.

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Bundled up and headed out into a dark 30F morning. First I ran through the last (hopefully) of todays cold rain showers, then the rain turned to hard ice pellets....Love that bat wing fairing.....then the snow showers. Finally crossed the very icy Tenney bridge...watch those crappy temporary bridges the state of Vermont seems to like to adopt lately....But then came the sun and the temps climbed up to the 40's....All of the last rides of the season are worth everything compared to seeing the bike hibernating in the corner of the garage....Lets see how many more we can squeeze in....

Old 10-08-2012 | 03:49 PM
dc1450
Road Master

I'm with ya bro, 38 this morning but up to 50 on the way home, the end of the season is still better than no season.
Good news is leaving for Biketoberfest Thursday.
About another month of riding up here give or take, unless of course we get another year like last year.

Old 10-08-2012 | 04:15 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

Road salt and the end of daylight savings time pretty much ends the season for me up here. When it's dark by the time I get out of work, it's time to get ready for winter. In the dark, the antler rats come out to play in the road.

Old 10-08-2012 | 04:39 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

I'll head out after Thanksgiving dinner tonight.Thankyou.

Old 10-08-2012 | 06:02 PM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dr.ultra2010
glad i live in the south......................
Amen to that, I ride more in the winter than I do in the blast furnace of a summer. And then add the 94% humidity. Crap, I'm starting to sweat just thinking about it.

Quick Reply: Every Ride