General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heart Attack sidelines my rides with Grandson

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heart Attack sidelines my rides with Grandson

Well my daughter-in-law finally let me take my grandson on a few rides in the past few months. He is 9 years old and this is something just between he and me. Last Sunday we went on a little ride about 20 miles and back.

Well Tuesday morning I had a heart-attack. Wasn't a big one but it did me in for a day or two. Had 85 % blockage in a main artery. Yesterday they put a stent and let me go home today. Man do I feel good now. Didn't even know I had any blockage.(thats a lie all the classic symptoms)

Anyway at the hospital my grandson said he couldn't wait for us to go riding again. Of course I said me too. I told him as soon as I could we would.

On the way home from the hospital my wife told me she didn't think it was a good idea for the two of us to ride right now. After thinking about it for awhile I agreed. ( hate it when she is right)

I had to lie a little to him tonight when he called and wanted to know how I was and how soon we could riding again. I told him the doctor told me not to ride for a while. Or well I know it is for the best. However a grandpa shouldn't have to lie to a grandson. I couldn't make grandma out the bad guy either. Thanks for listening.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 712 Likes on 359 Posts

sorry to hear. Take care of yourself and you'll be riding again in no time.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Shortmag
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope all goes well with your recovery-

Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Mark_H
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nellybelle
Well my daughter-in-law finally let me take my grandson on a few rides in the past few months. He is 9 years old and this is something just between he and me. Last Sunday we went on a little ride about 20 miles and back.

Well Tuesday morning I had a heart-attack. Wasn't a big one but it did me in for a day or two. Had 85 % blockage in a main artery. Yesterday they put a stent and let me go home today. Man do I feel good now. Didn't even know I had any blockage.(thats a lie all the classic symptoms)

Anyway at the hospital my grandson said he couldn't wait for us to go riding again. Of course I said me too. I told him as soon as I could we would.

On the way home from the hospital my wife told me she didn't think it was a good idea for the two of us to ride right now. After thinking about it for awhile I agreed. ( hate it when she is right)

I had to lie a little to him tonight when he called and wanted to know how I was and how soon we could riding again. I told him the doctor told me not to ride for a while. Or well I know it is for the best. However a grandpa shouldn't have to lie to a grandson. I couldn't make grandma out the bad guy either. Thanks for listening.
Don't let it get you too down. Your probably safer now then you were before the stent. I know it is hard to not be very cautious after a heart attack but you will soon find yourself being back to business as usual.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds as if it was a mild heart attack which did not result in any heart damage which is good news. Take care of yourself & I understand the little white lie you told your grandson, your'll have plenty of time to take him riding.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best of luck and get well.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

Take it easy. Sorry about the rides with grandson but she is right of course.
Enjoy every day like we all try to do.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 217 Likes on 103 Posts

PRayers for a full recovery. Hope all works out with rides together with your grandson, but he certainly would not want something to happen with him on the back

Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Don't worry about the white lie. When the time is right you will know and it will be a special ride for the two of you.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Hope all the best for ya! Take care and you will be back in the wind soon.

Quick Reply: Heart Attack sidelines my rides with Grandson