General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good leather gear brands?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012 | 12:30 PM
balingwire
|
Advanced
Default Good leather gear brands?

I need to buy some leather pants and leather coat for this winter, but I don't know what brands to consider. While I like my H-D mesh coat, gloves, and helmet, I don't want to have H-D all over me. I'd rather have leather gear w/o obvious branding that will hold up for a long time. I've read about Fox Creek - looks good, expensive - I guess you get what you pay for. Is there any quality lower-cost options? Thank you.

Old 10-03-2012 | 12:49 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

duluth trading company has some quality outer wear. not leather, but wind and rain proof. very nice gear for working outside or riding.

Old 10-03-2012 | 01:04 PM
wayslow
Tourer

I bought a well made leather jacket from www.leatherup.com ...cheap, about 1/3 of what a Harley jacket runs. Haven't bought their chaps or pants, but they're priced similarly.

Old 10-03-2012 | 01:15 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

I had good luck with Milwaukee Leather, I think I paid around $175.00 for mine but it is a good quality thick naked leather jacket. Not the best in the world but for the price I'm happy with it.

Old 10-03-2012 | 03:03 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Good quality USA made Leather is not cheap but you can get some lower prices then Fox Creek. Check out HillsideUSA Leathers. All American made and super good quality.

www.hillsideusa.com

Old 10-03-2012 | 03:56 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Get some good heated gear,then cheap leather will work for you in winter.

Old 10-03-2012 | 05:51 PM
Doublerunner
Cruiser

I am fortunate that I work near this shop. They have been around forever, can do custom fits and I get all my leather there. Top notch

http://www.walterdyer.com/

Old 10-03-2012 | 07:00 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by wayslow
I bought a well made leather jacket from www.leatherup.com ...cheap, about 1/3 of what a Harley jacket runs. Haven't bought their chaps or pants, but they're priced similarly.
My wife and I both have leather jackets, chaps and vests from Leatherup.com. Very heavy leather at VERY low prices. I have been very pleased with everything I have bought from them. Good company to work with on returns also (we guessed wrong on a size of a vest for my wife).

Old 10-03-2012 | 10:14 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
My wife and I both have leather jackets, chaps and vests from Leatherup.com. Very heavy leather at VERY low prices. I have been very pleased with everything I have bought from them. Good company to work with on returns also (we guessed wrong on a size of a vest for my wife).
+1 on Leatherup. But I would call them and ask what measurments they need for a proper fit. I too used their sizing chart and got the wrong size vest. They exchanged it no problem but I had to pay shipping one way. All in all I would buy from them again in a heart beat

Old 10-03-2012 | 10:18 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Perhaps I'm just a cheap guy, but I have a problem with paying hundreds of dollars for leather(s) and then rolling them up and leaving them in the saddlebags for long periods of time.

I don't ride to fashion shows and I don't need a lot of wild designs on my stuff. I can and do add patches, along with a U.S. flag.

I usually buy what fits me well, feels good, and keeps me warm.

I lucked out a few years ago and found an H-D leather jacket on sale at my local dealer. I went back a week later and it was still there and marked down some more so I bought it.
I probably would have never bought it at the regular price even though it fit me so well as it was a "Long" which is what I need.

Someday, when I need it, perhaps for a birthday or Christmas, I may cave and get myself a new H-D leather jacket!

Quick Reply: Good leather gear brands?