General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scootergrrl riding update....again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007 | 03:02 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Default RE: Scootergrrl riding update....again...

Cool, Sunset Boulevard - we have something similar here in Greensboro, NC - it's called..er..WendoverAvenue but it's probably much, muchdifferent [X(]..

Sounds like Scootergirl is getting pretty comfortable with the new sporty - that's great [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-27-2007 | 05:05 AM
bosnmate
Banned

Ok, now that is more like it. Scootergrl is a beautiful lady, couldn't really tell through the helmet and all . You are a lucky man and I am glad she has taken to riding so well.

Old 01-27-2007 | 08:30 AM
ScooterGrrl
Tourer

Hey y'all!!!!
You guys are the coolest!
Thank you all for your interest and support...and for bein' our soul family.
(and thank you for the compliments too...be careful you don't make my ego even more off the hook than it already is...LOL!)

But seriously...yep, ...I'm getting more comfy with the bike, and I am LOVING riding it! Tonight the PCH wasn't very crowded so I practiced going up through all the gears until I hit 65, then practiced gearing down too. I had fun blowing the doors off a couple of slow moving Porsches...LOL!
(and of course I was riding around L.A. with a "Ghost Rider" jacket on, so I had to show off juuust a little bit....)
.........BUT, don't worry - I'm not turning into a speed-demon. Sure, it was fun to go fast on the open road tonight, but I definitely won't be driving fast on a regular basis, becauseI want to stay alive. I plan to outlive my Grandaddy, which means I gotta make it to at least 94, so the best way to do that is slow and steady.

Well, I'm trying to chip away at the ole' insomnia, so,...time for me to go count some sheep. Got an audition for a student-film on Saturday, so I want to make sure to get rest.
I'll holla atcha..........

Scooter~

Old 01-27-2007 | 09:24 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Wait until we get you in the Rocky Mountains for the SW HD Forums Rally. You are really going to have fun going through the curves.

Regards,

Bill

Old 01-27-2007 | 10:38 AM
Redhog95
Road Captain

Congrats Scootergrrl and keep up the good work, I can remember when my wife started riding,it was a blast to see the grin on her face all the time.
Thanks for the updates and keep them comming, I for one enjoy reading them
Mike

Old 01-27-2007 | 11:02 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I think Scootergirl is a natural on a bike

Old 01-27-2007 | 11:06 AM
hd55
Cruiser

Sporties are comfortable at 70 my 883 just wants to get there and cruise.Over 80 can be a little different?

Old 01-27-2007 | 11:08 AM
hd55
Cruiser

Oh and nice tats,bet you had a little pucker power going near the underside of that wrist

[IMG]local://upfiles/23318/51C1E3DBC6744D01A9D746E5508544BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007 | 11:45 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Oooooh......Scootergrrl's coming to Colorado this summer!? Can't wait to see her bike.

Have fun but be careful out there, both of you. Please keep posting the updates too, we're enjoying this just as much as when we were learning to ride out bikes.

Old 01-27-2007 | 12:23 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior

just wait until scooter girl makes her first solo trip lol , you are gonna freak . I made my wife call me when she got to work , call me when she left and was standing on the porch waiting when she got home .lol she ask what was wrong and I said I was worried about her being out on the road , she looked at me and said welcome to my world. We think nothing at all of hopping on the bike and riding off into the sun set, but when a loved one gets out there riding among all the crazy's its a whole new ball game.
congratulations on your progress scootergirl it will keep getting better and better the more you ride. some of my best riding experience's have been riding with my wife, you two are gonna have a ball.

Quick Reply: Scootergrrl riding update....again...