General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Crashed and lived to tell.
68.31%
No crashes yet.
31.69%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Crash yet, If yes tell us about it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:57 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crash yet, If yes tell us about it.

Just a quick poll to see who is in the crashed category and who is still waiting for that wonderful day.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Crash yet, If yes tell us about it.

[sm=biker.gif]My worst was in 2001, riding my 79 KZ1000st (lucky it wasn't the old Dyna). Freak of a thing, damn pheasant come out of the ditch and smashed into my face at 70mph, off the road onto the shoulder, hit a washout jamming the front wheel, over the handlebars, bike rolled into ditch, I slid across tar road, across gravel shoulder on other side and another 30 feet in ditch. broken shoulder, tore up knee, road rash galore. Oh and scratches all over my face from the frickin' bird.
Last time I rode without a helmet. Plenty of other small stuff with dirt bikes and on the road, but that one really sucked.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:07 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have not, and good lord willing, will not. I like a "Spirited" ride occasionally, but I know from my youth that the asphalt hurts. My a$$ met the pavement enough while I was a kid that I do not wish to revisit it with the potential of an 800 lb motorcycle chasing me down. Yall ride safe!

nogood o~`o

Old 01-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Aces N Eights

In 93, Diesel fuel and rain don't mix well on an off ramp. Lets just sayI lost my A$$ my wallet and the entireseatof my pants and the tumble was out of control. I try not to ride in the rain anymore. In 95, rear tire went flat at 70 mph. Nearly a blow out. Never left my lane, went from side to side until I got it whoa'd. The only damage was in my pants. Check your tire pressure. Never found out what caused the tire to lose pressure so fast.Since then, (knock on wood, cross my heart, and every otherthing you can do), hopeI never go down again.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2005 proceeding through a green light and an idiot turned left directly in front of me. Braked, swerved, but hit him square head on. NextI know I'm spinning in slow motion like a helicopter through the air. Struck my head on an utility pole (no helmet) and landed on my back in the road. Fractured my L-1 vertebra, scraped top of my head open, totalled my new EG Standard w/ 2000 miles on it, and totalled the Acura. All and all, I'm back and still riding. I wear my helmet ALL THE TIME now!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2333/42328D3D7E574471B3C11CE60C467EB5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2333/F550F0BE662C4CB1B60C0845350B82D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 AM
tackleberry1145
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got sidesiped by an old man in a buick about 14 yrs ago. Don't remember the accident at all..woke up in the middle of the road with a nurse holding my head still.

Gotta love concussions..they rock!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:57 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, lets see. When I first started riding I was on my 2nd bike a Honda Hurrican 600 and came around a curve in the road and was met by a volvo in the middle f the street turning left. they turned right in front of me and took off. I locked up the brakes and slid down the road a ways, no injuries tho. I slowed down a bit after that. That was in 96 I think. Then in 2000 I was cut off by a car in the left lane that decided to turn right while I was on a Suzuki bandit 1200. They crushed my leg between my bike and the car and I went over the handlebars. I had good protection on with the exception of my jeans that they cut off in the ambulance anyway. I was fine, just a fedw stitches in the knee. this accident was the other drivers fault as was the first. I had 2 others where I was cut off by others changing lanes and stuff, and have lived to tell the tale, never even breaking a bone in any of these accidents. I have a good guardian angel I guess. The bikes always suffered some damage, were usually totaled out by the insurance and then became salvage titles that I bought back for a few hundred and fixed. This is all long before I got my Fatboy who is a virgin and I plan to keep that way. I have learned that some of the accidents i was in were unavoidable regardless of skill level. Just wrong place at the wrong time...

Old 01-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Joker441
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was about 20 years ago, I hit a ditch head on at about 45 mph on a 83 shovel superglide (didnt know the road had a "T" at the end). A buddie wanted to buzz his girlfriends house about 2 am, so we did. Dropped down into 2nd and layed into it. Well the ditch came up kinda fast and I hit it head on. Went the bike went airborne and when it hit I had my feet on the highway bars running a solo seat with 3" springs, it drove me into the seat like a hammer. I went limp and over the bars and slid about 60 feet on my belly, tore the buckle off my pants and filled them with dirt and rocks. Well it fractured L2 and L3 vertabra in my lower back and welded them together. Off work for about 4 months and about $2500.00 damage to the scoot. It sucked but that night I earned my broken wings. Now I riding a hardtail.........lol. To quote Harley "Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool".
But hope that never happens again, way to old now to heal.
Later
Warrior

Old 01-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Crankshaft
Road Warrior

It was just over 20 years ago when I was travelling in a line of traffic at about 30 mph, I was rammed in the side by some little old lady who claimed I 'came from nowhere'. She should have been wearing glasses and wasn't, should have had brain in gear and didn't. I ended up with a short stay in hospital leaving with a plate and 6 screws in my wrist (woo hoo, I have scrap value now, just like the totalled bike!). At least the bike wasn't a Harley.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:59 AM
hartick
Tourer

yep, last week in july 06. riding my 05 buell xb12scg (really fun bike). bout 7 at night, sun was just going down, 75 degrees ish. perfect night. upstate new york, exit 16 off I-87, wilton mountain road. twisty and fun going up. made it all the way up with no problems. comming back down 3rd to last turn, the bike just felt 'strange'. comming into the next curve put on the brakes but still not helping the feeling. pressed harder on the rear and felt the skid happen. looked straight ahead and saw a 5x5 steel guard rail with my name on it. my bike side slid just enough to hit the rail parallel. i launched over, catching my leg somewhere. and ended about 15 feet down after spinning at least once. my bike went back to the middle of the road. once the "oh s&*t" wore off i climbed back over the rail and got my bike to a safe gravel turnoff. thankfully 3 cars stopped to see if i was ok (one couple were riders themselves) and they stayed with me until i was away in the ambulance. 3 hours and 42 stitches in my right upper thigh later i walked out of the er. one week to the day later i was on my roadstar on a 3 week vacation to sturgis. i kept the helmet, 6 inch scuff from the guardrail, but the bike went to insurance.
shoei helmet and levi jeans-done
harley switchback jacket-scuffed
olympia kevlar gloves and milwakee boots-perfect

ride safe, protection never hurts
nick

Quick Reply: Crash yet, If yes tell us about it.