General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heated gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
tr6640
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated gear

[sm=chattypair.gif]Pros and cons on heated riding gear which brand do you use? How do you like it? Im bored what can I tell ya.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:34 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: heated gear

There are no cons to heated gear, IMO. Buying it was the best motorcycle accessory money that I ever spent. I bought Gerbings.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
RKGary
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

There are no cons to heated gear, IMO. Buying it was the best motorcycle accessory money that I ever spent. I bought Gerbings.

I also have Gerbing. You wear light clothing under the gear, long sleave T. No bulky layering.

You walk outside into the freezing cold, thinking this ride is going to hurt. Startup the bike, plug in the gear and let there be warmth.

Only problemsare I ride alot by myself in cold weather,my freinds do'nt have heated gear and make sure you unplug yourself when you walk away from the bike.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too bought Gerbing. Lifetime warranty did it for me. The stuff is great. I wear silk long johns underneath it and without the thermostat it's way too hot. Invest in a temp controller.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:13 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

Gerbings here too. I checked out the heated clothes / gloves that Harley sells and found they are made by Gerbing also but they are priced a bit higher so I guess you are paying a little extra for the HD logo. Good people to deal with at Gerbing too. I ordered the wrong size and they quickly and without question exchanged the item..............BG

Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far all I have are the HD heated gloves. It's my understanding that they are made by Gerbing. Zanotti's has them for $129. I used them for the first time last weekend in 28 degree temps. Hands were nice and toasty and never once even approached being cold. I thought they were great. What I didn't like was that wire harness running up my back and down my sleeves. I thought it was a PITA. I guess that means I'm just gonna have to buy the jacket liner so I can plug my gloves directly into my sleeves and avoid that wire harness.

[align=center]
[/align]

Old 01-25-2007, 10:20 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had heated grips and vest on my BMW (last bike). I will get some heated gear again for my Sportster. Can't beat it.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 AM
blown alcohol
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I got the gerbing's just because of the lifetime warranty on the heating elements.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:46 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the HD heated jacket liner and gloves. They're actually cheaper than Gerbings if you buy them off anHD dealer on the web. I've been using mine all winter and have ridden as cold as 20 and you stay plenty warm. It's money well spent if you want to extend your riding season.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer

[sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: heated gear